Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt know Medulla was available in DVDA, I got it as an SACD when it came out. Volta has great sound quality. I have never heard Drawing Restraint in any version. I have these individually in surround except for Selmasongs on plain cd.

I’ve got all her early CDs up to and including Vespertine and Medulla, the latter two on SACD along with, as cbmmm3 recommends, a couple of Sugarcubes discs.
Gling-Glo is floating around here somewhere too.

Intend to catch up on the “later” albums starting with Volta.

How I missed that surround box back in the day mystifies me.

34184B06-438B-4537-80D7-446398102AA0.jpeg

Missing Persons - Color In Your Life

Rubellan has done a really good job with these MP remasters.
Don’t think this album did all that well when originally released (I’ve never heard any of it before), but I think it’s very good, deserved a better fate.

but but but...it has an outstanding MCH mix... I mean, don't get me wrong, I PURCHASED it WHEN IT CAME OUT on CD but I never go back to Stereo once it's MCH...unless it's a useless MCH mix!
Kap, I read this when you posted it and meant to comment.

Being totally obsessive about collecting, I have bought 2ch and mono mixes of things I have with more channels. Quad/multi would always be my choice to listen to. There were exactly 5 LP's I bought in mono when 2ch was available. Always bought highest # of channels available. usually cost more, too.

There are titles I also prefer to play 2ch and synthesize quad over Quad version. Santana Amigos comes to mind. After years of "discrete" mixes of Quad Santana, came this. Another very good album, but a non-starter mix wise.

One of the joys of collecting in recent years was to acquire mono versions. My greatest disappointment is NEVER having listened to 2ch adv res mixes on Surround SACD, BD, DVD-A, etc. Even a few of those are titles where it is my ONLY copy. Other auditioning like a/b'ing different pressings has also suffered, due to time and hardware constraints.

Speaking of time constraints, I've been listening to dozen of CD's I haven't posted on this thread lately. Listening on the run....

Kap, I read this when you posted it and meant to comment.

Being totally obsessive about collecting, I have bought 2ch and mono mixes of things I have with more channels. Quad/multi would always be my choice to listen to. There were exactly 5 LP's I bought in mono when 2ch was available. Always bought highest # of channels available. usually cost more, too.

There are titles I also prefer to play 2ch and synthesize quad over Quad version. Santana Amigos comes to mind. After years of "discrete" mixes of Quad Santana, came this. Another very good album, but a non-starter mix wise.

One of the joys of collecting in recent years was to acquire mono versions. My greatest disappointment is NEVER having listened to 2ch adv res mixes on Surround SACD, BD, DVD-A, etc. Even a few of those are titles where it is my ONLY copy. Other auditioning like a/b'ing different pressings has also suffered, due to time and hardware constraints.

Speaking of time constraints, I've been listening to dozen of CD's I haven't posted on this thread lately. Listening on the run....
Oh I totally understand...for example, the only version I had of the Santana Greatest Hits was the SQ LP and after YEARS of listening to it I "discovered" the STEREO VERSION!!! THEre are always different things happening here and there...
And , of course , I was blown away when I got a "trashed" copy of Sgt Pepper's in Mono (there was a weed seed burn on my favorite song, Within you...) and I understood what they always say about "you have not heard Sgt Pepper's if you haven't listened to the MONO version", and of course , as a huge Beatles head I started gathering ALL of the latter LPs and 45s in mono, cause The Beatles were there when mixed in Mono and George Martin mixed the Stereo versions later all by himself...The White Album was another revelation...

QuadLinda stated - "There are titles I also prefer to play 2ch and synthesize quad over Quad version"

We're on the same sorta page QL. Ive got tons of quad and 5.1 etc etc. The past few years Ive been digging finding the best mastered version of a given redbook cd ( and sometimes MQA CD ) , purchasing on Discogs or Ebay for cheap - and embellishing just how good 2 channel or synthesized surround can truly be. Im sure y'all get tired of my two channel gushing. Sorry. But take it as a reminder - there is SO much good music out there. Enjoy the music.

Here is an example. You can get the very very good Surround SACD. You can have the quad tapes. Or you can go 2 channel this. This version is open and 'breathes'.

alicecoopermuscleshm.jpg

AEFAB260-0139-4E4A-ADD9-042A33FF02AD.jpeg

Elton John - Regimental Sgt. Zippo

Though these songs sound very youthful and naïve there are nonetheless some good tracks.
The sound varies from fairly polished/finished to demo-ish.
Preferred the album in stereo vs mono.

Chick Corea THE MONTREUX YEARS [BMG Management/MQA encoded]

61E2wU9GZBL._SL1200_.jpg

Track Listings​

1Fingerprints (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 2001) - By Chick Corea New Trio
2Bud Powell (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 2010) - By Chick Corea Freedom Band
3Quartet No. 2, Pt. 1 (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 1988) - By Chick Corea Akoustic Band
4Interlude (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 2004) - By Chick Corea Elektric Band
5Who's Inside the Piano (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 1993) - By Chick Corea Quartet
6Dignity (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 2001) - By Chick Corea New Trio
7America (Continents, Pt. 4) [Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 2006]
8New Waltz (Live - Montreux Jazz Festival 1993) - By Chick Corea Quartet

Back