Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not A RBCD but rather a DVD~A Stereo 192/24 from High Definition Tape Transfer. Exquisite performances and sonics

The MODERN JAZZ QUARTET: PYRAMID

R.737d9446ebd2fbec5f6b468612360fcd

Last edited:
83502FA0-49C0-4C71-A740-AA6BE23A96BC.jpeg

Be-Bop Deluxe ~ Futurama

Four Disc Deluxe Edition. Been awhile since I played this on vinyl, nice reminder on how much I like this album.
The remix (played in 24/96 LPCM) certainly removes some murkiness and injects some clarity but there is a subtle loss of power, especially on Sister Seagull where the heavy guitar riff is noticeably weakened.
Not a ton bonus material but the live disc of BBC material is good.
Great album cover too.

50685E9A-57E2-42B5-A2A2-23204B72D904.jpeg

Bill Withers - Complete Sussex and Columbia Albums

Yet another box set that’s been in the pile for years.

7AEECDF8-9BC4-48A2-B3D7-759830F97BD6.jpeg

Just As I Am

First up is his debut, the only album in this box that I’ve heard before. What a classic, not a dud track in the bunch.
Nice sound, hope the rest of the set sounds this good.

IMHO, + 'justments is the overlooked Withers gem. Little promotion or airplay upon release. Sussex was having financial trouble. First CD release was 10-ish years ago. ESSENTIAL for all Withers fans.
That one’s up next, once I finish Carnegie.

I expected a change or drop-off going from Just As I Am to Still Bill, thinking something would be lost in the change in producer from Booker T to Bill and the band, but no.

View attachment 85426
Bill Withers - Live At Carnegie Hall

I do believe this is the best live album I’ve ever heard.

Do I need the MoFi SACD? Maybe

Rang
I have the SACD. I listen to the redbook tracks of the disc and I smile a big smile every time I play the disc. I would highly recommend

Thanks JohnN. Just bought s copy of that Cherry Bomb CD single. How did I miss that one in the past......

Back