Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvin Gaye LIVE IN MONTREUX 1980 [Eagle Vision RBCD....also includes 5.1 DTS/DD 5.1 DVD] A Legendary performance performed by Gaye and his astounding back up orchestra on July 7, 1980 in Montreux, Switzerland!

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6170879?ev=rb
Primary
Secondary, 3 of 8

40E2099C-6399-4DD6-B367-333E696A05D9.jpeg

Tangerine Dream - Cyclone

Wow, what an abrupt change.
The electronics are still prominent but that layer of prog laid over top, especially the jarring vocals, is a bit hard to take at times.
Edit: The 3rd track is more TD like and quite good and the two bonus tracks are excellent

Last edited:
and another

Thanks. Hadn’t heard of them before you mentioned it here. Listened to a quick bit of songs from the album and was intrigued enough to add it to my Apple playlist to listen to in full when I can give it some undivided attention.

45452B2F-B5C5-4657-B29A-1B980086CBA7.jpeg

Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure

This completes the box set, all 18 discs of it, with perhaps the most accessible album of the bunch, but still quite prog/electronic.
Overall, though I enjoyed everything in the set, some of it I don’t find particularly engaging.
Need to be in the right mood to listen. The excellent live material was the biggest surprise.

Saro Cosentino "Ones and Zeroes"

Like his new recent album, and all-star cast of friends here - Gavin Harrison, Tim Bowness, Peter Hammill, Jake, Trey Gunn etc
[IMG]

View attachment 87780
Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure

This completes the box set, all 18 discs of it, with perhaps the most accessible album of the bunch, but still quite prog/electronic.
Overall, though I enjoyed everything in the set, some of it I don’t find particularly engaging.
Need to be in the right mood to listen. The excellent live material was the biggest surprise.
"Cloudburst Flight" is a favourite of mine. I first heard it on the telly, the station had it on during their off-air test pattern!

EB62A78B-4061-43AD-B5A0-9951E85EC97E.jpeg

Jefferson Airplane -
Thirty Seconds Over Winterland

An OK live album which surprisingly skips their biggest hits.
Though I’m sure Iconoclassic did the best they could with the source, the sound ain’t great as a whole, though some songs are better than others.

This EPIC debut came out during my sophomore year in high school. Scored this cd at Reckless Records in London in June of 2015 after browsing the "Staff Recommends!" selections. Knew my vinyl was blown! Glad i picked up the CD. Glad to have it to listen to tonight. One of the all-time-greats, redefining what a rock guitar album might be! Amazing interplay. Tom Verlaine is a genius . . . literary present tense! Play on, Tom . . . Play On! P.s. Killer through the SM v.2!
1674954691751.png
Television - Marquee Moon Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

Last edited:
Back