Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C45C3BF2-44B1-4593-A18E-329E4B9104A4.jpeg

Tom Jones - Green, Green Grass of Home

Another good album, a few peppier songs than the previous release.

World of Epoch UK CD

Often, I'll listen to box sets over several days. A disc or two at a time, interspersed with other selections and genres. Today, I finished a couple box sets. So, I began these this morning or will this afternoon. All are second spins:

Sunrise & Salvation (Mercury Albums) - Spirit 8 CD half is unreleased!
5 Albums - Klaus Doldinger German 5 CD
Rockpalast '80, '83 & '90 - Jack Bruce German 5 CD/2 DVD
Original Mono Albums Collection (Columbia) - Miles Davis Czech 9 CD

Jethro Tull Rocks On The Road
5TDiL7B.jpg
eHs1pOc.jpg
Think I still have that one somewhere. If I recall, during one of the songs Ian mentioned something about the road crew liking one part of the song coming up... “the only reason they’re here” or something like that. Always strange what odd fragments gets lodged in one’s head.

Thanks
Double thanks actually.
First Amazon US order since November and by doing so with your suggestion I discovered I’ve unknowingly been paying $14.99 a month for Prime.
So many Amazon Canada lines on my VISA bill every month I didn’t notice. Musta ticked the wrong box or something. Got them to refund me 3 of the 4 charges and cancel the service.

1EE2742E-4181-408F-90BB-D4B6986FB3DC.jpeg

Tom Jones - Delilah

Though I’m enjoying this box set, other than the occasional hit, these albums are kinda interchangeable.
I’ve noticed with all of these discs (so far) that while his voice is dead centre, most off the instruments lean way to the left resulting in a lopsided sound. My other player lets me output L+R, will see how that sounds.

Edit : L+R (ie mono) sounds flat, is robbed of ambience. Playing the L side out of both speakers (eliminating the R) strips away the strings and BVs along with some vocal ambiance.
Like it better that way.

Last edited:
D19C84FD-B401-4092-B188-D58543452431.jpeg

Tom Jones - This Is Tom Jones

More zest, less verging on easy listening. Sounds more “stereo” which has me wondering if the prior albums were fake stereo converted from mono (if that’s possible).

If It Wasn't For You - Caylee Hammack
Houses of the Holy - Zep from "girders" box
Second Movement - Les McCann & Eddie Harris
Best of Rossini - Rossini Ensemble, Budapest & Zagreb Festival Orch Naxos 8-556683
In your lists I can always count on at least one disc I know and love (McCann & Harris) and one I’m completely unfamiliar with (Hammack) :)

Back