Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steppenwolf 16 GREATEST HITS [UHQ MQA encoded CD] Exceptional!

Picture 1 of 1

Discovered Treasures - Horowitz
And UNDER 20 bucks at ImportCD with their recent 10% off deal .........Still waiting for Analogue Productions Steppenwolf GOLD Their Greatest Hits compilation which has been on backorder for eons....but it only contains 11 cuts ......

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/131240/Steppenwolf-Gold_Their_Great_Hits-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Still waiting for Steppenwolf Gold AP SACD. Have had it on b/o for much more than a year! Still waiting for Louis Armstrong plays King Oliver. LP was released by AP and SACD was announced pre-pandemic. STILL WATING! Have had multiple other bad experiences w/AP. Six Wives CD/DVD-A where both discs were identical AND IT WAS OPENED!! AP is useless!

Music Direct has non-existent customer service. Still waiting for sales manager to call me back from a year ago. Have bought one MoFi SACD in that year, and it was bought elsewhere. Up until then, I bought 80% of their SACD releases. Customer Service Mgr. is on a power trip. They used to be my most favored vendor. Now, MD is my most unfavorite! And I didn't even buy their Quasi-analog LP's.

I was in the neighborhood and picking up $150 of SACD's. I was told by Customer Service Mgr. that I don't buy enough. Most of my purchases are in a card in my husband's name. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK WHAT I WANTED TO BUY!! He was woking at home, picked up the line and wouldn't (couldn't) transfer me to sales. Still waiting for Sales Mgr. to call from a year ago. TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO. Arrogant!

Been buying all my gear, even high-end stuff from Abt. Won't even consider Music Direct. $1-$2k/yr on gear and several times that much on SACD's. I have met MD's owner a few years ago. He'll probably not remember me, but he will when I remind him what we spoke about when I was introduced to him.

Have had great experiences w/D-V.

Still waiting for Steppenwolf Gold AP SACD. Have had it on b/o for much more than a year! Still waiting for Louis Armstrong plays King Oliver. LP was released by AP and SACD was announced pre-pandemic. STILL WATING! Have had multiple other bad experiences w/AP. Six Wives CD/DVD-A where both discs were identical AND IT WAS OPENED!! AP is useless!

Music Direct has non-existent customer service. Still waiting for sales manager to call me back from a year ago. Have bought one MoFi SACD in that year, and it was bought elsewhere. Customer Service Mgr. is on a power trip. They used to be my most favored vendor. Now, MD is my most unfavorite! And I didn't even buy their Quasi-analog LP's.

Unfortunately, QL, AP and MoFi consider SACD a MUCH lower priority than VINYL ...always did. There are a number of titles on Acoustic Sound's websites {SACD] that were announced YEARS ago but never released.

I'm content with the Japanese UHQ MQA CD which when decoded yields a full 24 bit resolution and includes 5 more tracks than the AP Steppenwolf Gold SACD!

He never bothered to find out what I wanted to buy. It could have been a $40k turntable! My last hardware purchase from MD was over $1200 REL sub.

Last hardware purchase of mine was a Polk 12" sub for bedroom and 2 Polk S10's for laundry room. MD carries Polk, but I didn't even consider them. Bought it from Abt, less than 5 miles away from MD. And I was treated like gold, not like shit at MD.

This is a fantastic album. I first head it when it came out on vinyl in '72, then got the CD but it was rather short, and knew there had to be more that could be released from the gig. Finally, around 2000, they released the extended CD with six extra songs. The version of "American Woman" on the album (at nearly 17 minutes) is a classic.

Music Direct has non-existent customer service. Still waiting for sales manager to call me back from a year ago. Have bought one MoFi SACD in that year, and it was bought elsewhere. Up until then, I bought 80% of their SACD releases. Customer Service Mgr. is on a power trip. They used to be my most favored vendor. Now, MD is my most unfavorite! And I didn't even buy their Quasi-analog LP's.

I was in the neighborhood and picking up $150 of SACD's. I was told by Customer Service Mgr. that I don't buy enough. Most of my purchases are in a card in my husband's name. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK WHAT I WANTED TO BUY!! He was woking at home, picked up the line and wouldn't (couldn't) transfer me to sales. Still waiting for Sales Mgr. to call from a year ago. TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO. Arrogant!

Been buying all my gear, even high-end stuff from Abt. Won't even consider Music Direct. $1-$2k/yr on gear and several times that much on SACD's. I have met MD's owner a few years ago. He'll probably not remember me, but he will when I remind him what we spoke about when I was introduced to him.

QL
Ive had very similar experience as you. Was considering a pretty big $ purchase. My questions on product were addressed via arrogance yet solutions and answers were never given. I did business elsewhere.

He never bothered to find out what I wanted to buy. It could have been a $40k turntable! My last hardware purchase from MD was over $1200 REL sub.

Last hardware purchase of mine was a Polk 12" sub for bedroom and 2 Polk S10's for laundry room. MD carries Polk, but I didn't even consider them. Bought it from Abt, less than 5 miles away from MD. And I was treated like gold, not like shit at MD.
QL
Ive had very similar experience as you. Was considering a pretty big $ purchase. My questions on product were addressed via arrogance yet solutions and answers were never given. I did business elsewhere.
Although I haven't dealt directly with Music Direct for about 4 or 5 years, my previous experience with them was fantastic ..... Had wonderful conversations with the helpful salespeople and even had some freebie MoFi SACDs thrown in. How the mighty have fallen because I did receive some wonderful 'deals' from them as well ... they even shaved off some $$$$$ from already discounted items. As there are NO high end audio salons left in my area [unless you want to go into Manhattan] it's disheartening to hear that MD's sales department has fallen prey to indifference and rude behavior.

I suppose post pandemic, good help is REALLY hard to find ....and keep!

Last edited:
The Beach Boys TEN YEARS OF HARMONY [2 UHQ MQA CDs] 29 tracks including the hard to find 'Sea Cruise' in one exceptional package

R.012e191125f4d98ede159e68e7138ad6

1Add Some Music to Your Day
2Roller Skating Child
3Disney Girls
4It's a Beautiful Day
5California Saga: California
6Wontcha Come Out Tonight
7Marcella
8Rock and Roll Music
9Goin' on
10It's Ok
11Cool, Cool Water
12San Miguel
13School Day (Ring! Ring! Goes the Bell)
14Good Timin'
15Sail on, Sailor

Disc: 2​

1Darlin'
2Lady Lynda
3Sea Cruise
4The Trader
5This Whole World
6Don't Go Near the Water
7Surf's Up
8Come Go with Me
9Deirdre