• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Quad Linda

Staff member
Livin' Inside Your Love - George Benson CD was 2 LP's. LP's, at least the first press had 16-18 minutes/side and nice fidelity. There's plenty of room for a nice wide groove excursion. One of his best.

Highway 61 Revisited - The Zim mono CD from Original Mono Recordings 8 CD box. Ballad of a Thin Man is different edit. One of his Best!

Birth of the Cool - Miles Japan mono CD

Memphis Jamboree 1927 - 1936 Memphis Minnie & her husband Kansas Joe McCoy & others Yazoo 1021 mono CD

Jackson Blues 1938 - 1938 Tommy Johnson, Mississippi Sheiks & others. Yazoo 1007 mono CD

Voice of the Blues - Bottleneck Guitar Masterpieces Tampa Red, Barbecue Bob, Blind Willie Davis, Sister O.M. Terrell, others Yazoo 1046 mono CD

Guitar Wizards Tampa Red, Blind Blake, others Yazoo 1016 mono CD

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Wow....what a trip back in time.......I'm listening to Max Webster's "Party" 8CD box set.......this remaster is brilliant......for those of you who aren't Canadian it was a band run by non other then Kim Mitchell....with such hits as Gravity, Hangover, High Class in Borrowed Shows, Lip Service, The Party and many many more to mention. This was the ultimate Summer Party band especially if you went up to Wassaga Beach on the summer weekends.
really good band. Saw them several times when I lived in Toronto - first time was when they played at my high school!

van1

Wow....what a trip back in time.......I'm listening to Max Webster's "Party" 8CD box set.......this remaster is brilliant......for those of you who aren't Canadian it was a band run by non other then Kim Mitchell....with such hits as Gravity, Hangover, High Class in Borrowed Shows, Lip Service, The Party and many many more to mention. This was the ultimate Summer Party band especially if you went up to Wassaga Beach on the summer weekends.
Criminally under-rated band. To me their run of albums is up there with Cheap Trick and Arrosmith, especially the first two albums - flawless

Quad Linda

Staff member
Ragged But Right: Great Country String Bands Of The 1930’s IMHO: Essential

Satie: L'ouvre pour Piano - Aldo Ciccolini 5 CD (selected tracks)
All 6 Angel LP's from '67-'71.
Although there are '80's digital CD's by Ciccolini, these are definitive performances.
I have dozens of recordings of many of these pieces.
They don't pop like popcorn, unlike my Angel LP's, even when they were new.

40th Anniversary Collection James Brown 2 CD
Star Time box set has live version of There Was a Time. Here, it's the original hit.
I still have my 45 from '67 on King records. His best compilation.
40 tracks of Goodness! Got to have a Mother for me!

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Great album Diamond Head too bad there were no extra songs for the CD. I have my vinyl copy.
Roxy Music could do no wrong then solo albums from Ferry Andy McKay Manzanera and Eno. It was one stop shopping for your music pleasure.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Wrinkles - Classic & Rare Chess Instrumentals. Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Little Walter, more
Best of Leon Russell DCC SH mastered ESSENTIAL
A&M Gold Series - Herb Alpert 1/2 TJB, other 1/2 solo Japan CD
Anthology - Jeff Beck Holland CD
Somethin' Else - Jullian "Cannonball" Adderley w/Miles, Art Blakey, Hank Jones, Sam Jones played MoFi Gold CD I also bought the Classic Records HDAD & original CD ESSENTIAL

Best of Sixties Mania UK CD

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
thinking of my daughter in Minneapolis/St. Paul
1591067184874.png
Purple Snow (Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound)
a phenomenal compilation from The Numero Group