Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound
[IMG]

Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea ‎– Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy
Displays the tight, intricate, virtuosic playing the band became famous for:

"Bill Connors possesses a deliciously raw sound that keeps Corea's heady compositions firmly grounded.
White introduces a funk aspect to the music.
Clarke wrenches some truly frightening sounds out of his electric basses.
Corea's heavy use of synthesizers, is another thing that separates this record from the previous Return to Forever releases.

Veteran fusion fans will recognize this one and those new to the genre will delight in the discovery of a true gem"

81mhRDy4vyL._SL1200_.jpg

Sometimes I find I need to listen to a series of not well engineered, recordered, low DR, all those things, music.
Most always hard rock, but after about a half hour I turn down the volume a touch, then my ears settle in, and don't feel the ear fatagiue that some recordings bring, which if you like music is unavoidable at times.
So after finishing the 16/44.1 Pearl Jam Vs., DR's of 8,9,10 which I love the music but pretty harsh, I thought I would give a proper listen to the newest Gigaton, this HDTrack download at 24/96 with DR's of 6,7. and 8's was easier on the ears than Vs. RBCD.
Not quite a proper comparison, two different albums and formats, nevertheless a solid observation.
R-15038310-1585850625-8162.jpeg.jpg

The Eleventh House Featuring Larry Coryell ‎– Aspects

"Without Alphonse Mouson, some of the swagger of the Eleventh House is gone. But this is still a fine album.
The emphasis is definitely on Larry Coryell, and the trumpet keeps things sounding unlike any other fusion band.
Mike Mandel adds a few fine songs and John Lee started his relationship with Larry on this album. Under-rated album by an under-rated fusion band"

unnamed.jpg

I think some of those steppenwolf single sides are mastered from acetates due to the record company throwing out or rerecording over the tapes. God knows what outtakes are now lost forever. Same with the Mamas and the Papas...same company.

I think some of those steppenwolf single sides are mastered from acetates due to the record company throwing out or rerecording over the tapes. God knows what outtakes are now lost forever. Same with the Mamas and the Papas...same company.
Yeah, who knows. My collection (6 CD's & 1 SACD) of Steppenwolf is maybe the only group I have not added, double dipped, the same in HDTracks.
All the CD's are very good, the one SACD I have is less bright but that is typical.
For the amount of time that I spen listening to Steppenwolf adding the HDTracks I don't believe would be a good cost benefit, now of course if I didn't have a CD I might be tempted. They have 5 albums, all the ones I have.
I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade my Metallica CD's to 24bit HDTracks, what a waste of money that was.

Larry Coryell, Steve Smith, Tom Coster ‎– Cause And Effect

"Smith was the catalyst for this explosive, electric summit meeting,
Most of the numbers here were made up in the studio as the players jammed. Consequently, the spontaneity is obvious, and the trio has a lot of fun letting out all the stops.
Because of the free-flowing nature of the process, there are some great licks here"

F385A5F1-1244-424C-857C-74152CB5BFEF.jpeg
Eleanor McEvoy - What’s Following Me?
Her second album from 1996. Production a bit thin and more generic than later albums but still unmistakably Eleanor. Good songs

Back