Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
------THE PUMP
- TWO TITANS OF GUITAR PAYING TRIBUTE TO JEFF BECK

This is an album that I've loved for decades. It features Mark Knopfler on guitar, Alan Clark on keyboards and Pino Palladino on bass. The only issue with this title is that it hasn't gotten a re-issue since it came out in 1988; and I believe it could use some remastering to give it more punch, clarity and shine. This album has IMO some of her most personal, touching and infectious music of her career.

A couple of stand out tracks with Knopfler on guitar:

Hymns to the Silence is a double album masterpiece by Van that may have been missed by a lot of folks.

A couple of the stand out tracks includes one called Village Idiot; which is very personal to me. I once knew someone similar to the person this song describes. Extremely sad, but uplifting at the same time.

Hymns to the Silence is a double album masterpiece by Van that may have been missed by a lot of folks.

A couple of the stand out tracks includes one called Village Idiot; which is very personal to me. I once knew someone similar to the person this song describes. Extremely sad, but uplifting at the same time.

View attachment 40003

So...how does it sound...here are the numbers

Listening now to brand new Import CD from CDJapan, stereo. Live Truth 1968, Jeff Beck Group. Tracks 1-6 from Fillmore West July 24 1968 and Tracks 7-13 from Lu Anne's Club, Dallas July 17 1968. Being a all Jeff Beck freak of course I had to get this. I would classify this as a historical recording, but consider the source and time you can't expect much. Super stereo to the point there is no phantom center, kind of weird, Rod Stewart and Mickey Walter (drums) and Ron Wood (bass) left speaker and Guitar right speaker, pretty weird, even when audience claps sound comes out of the two speakers with nothing in the middle, again, cool but weird to listen to. Fidelity is actually pretty good, not muddy sounding, pretty clear sounding. Glad I have it.
View attachment 40229
Odd stereo mix per your observation, but I’m also a massive Jeff Beck aficionado and can forgive some audio mix ‘mistakes’ coming from this incarnation of Jeff’s first band.

Get the Blues! [NARM/Stereo RBCD]https://www.amazon.com/Get-Blues-Va...s+NARM&qid=1557528849&s=music&sr=1-2-fkmrnull

41X90CC598L.jpg

1. Baby's Arms - Robert Cray
2. Remember The Day - Lucky Peterson
3. Baggage Claim - Delbert McClinton
4. It's 2 A.M. - Shemekia Copeland
5. The Door - Keb' Mo'
6. Last Two Dollars - Johnnie Taylor
7. The Salt Of My Tears - Roomful Of Blues
8. Let The Healing Begin - E.G. Knight
9. You Can't Have It All - Sunnyland Slim
10. Lucky In Love - Tommy Castro
11. Miss Maybelle - R.L. Burnside
12. Highway 69 - Big Bill Morganfield
13. Ride 'Til I'm Satisfied - Walter Trout
14. My Soul's In Louisiana - Otis Taylor
15. Pride And Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan
16. Talkin' 'Bout My Man - Rory Block
17. Don't Let Me Catch You (With Your Drawers Down) - Koko Taylor
18. Wind Howlin' Blues - Honeyboy Edwards

Last edited:
First ever listen to Tangerine Dream's
Phaedra

Although stereo, I'm giving it a gentle up mix via my Marantz's Dolby Surround.

Got it off Amazon for a fiver.

This one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000074C9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Really wish I could justify the new box set, but £123 is too much.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Search-Had...fix=tangerine+Dream+,digital-music,181&sr=8-1
I was and am a Faust, Can plus Kraftwerk listener and latterly Schiller.
For some strange reason never got into Tangerine Dream... :unsure:

Last edited:
Back