Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got in my steelydave req'd Funk Party CD (good DR numbers - boneus)

And just in time for the Snoodler retirement party - that'd be "Hard Chargin' Party Banana"
:SG:rocks:SG

The Smell of Incense -- not the California 60s single, but a Norwegian band (who no doubt got their name from it -- they do a great cover!).

Can't find it on YouTube, but here's one . . . I have 4 CDs of theirs and love 'em. This one has lyrics by Michael Moorcock (!) and they also use Lovecraft, George MacDonald (!), and Shakespeare on the same album. "We are not an acid band," claims the lead guitarist, "we're a hash band." Whatever, it's all spacey in a Jefferson Airplane meets Curved Air sort of way. . . .

The Smell of Incense -- not the California 60s single, but a Norwegian band (who no doubt got their name from it -- they do a great cover!).

Can't find it on YouTube, but here's one . . . I have 4 CDs of theirs and love 'em. This one has lyrics by Michael Moorcock (!) and they also use Lovecraft, George MacDonald (!), and Shakespeare on the same album. "We are not an acid band," claims the lead guitarist, "we're a hash band." Whatever, it's all spacey in a Jefferson Airplane meets Curved Air sort of way. . . .

What the **** is that naked nymph riding anyway? Oh wait, you mentioned hash, yeah OK 👌

That wiley ol' steelydave; really has me going on the Funk train right now. I'm on to this twofer after Dream Machine:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Undisputed-Truth-Method-To-The-Madness-Smokin/release/7773561 .

Who knew Dave was such a Funk master? That Yvonne Stevens (aka Taka Boom) can really belt it out. These albums also contain elements of Soul/R&B, Rock and even some country influences in spots. May have to try this one also before it's all over: https://www.discogs.com/Taka-Boom-Taka-Boom/release/6975785 .
P.S. - these beauties may also decode real nice with the SMv2;)

The Yacht Rock thread got me thinking about all the Yacht rockers I have and this Kenny Loggins Alive- 2 disc set is stellar, highly recommend. And for all you DR Loudness freaks these two CD's have better DR values than a lot of SACD's. Disc 1 all 15's, one 13 and one 16. Disc 2, two 13's, four 14's, one 16, and two 17's. No compression on this live set.

This album is so fantastic, Live John Mayall with Johnny Almond, Steve Thompson and Jon Mark (who later formed Mark-Almond) no drums with this quartet. Eddie Kramer was engineer, recorded Fillmore East July 1969. This disc is a 2001 reissue (Remastered and Revisited) I had the orginal LP and this sounds better but there is a 1990 CD still available that might sound better? The DR levels on this disc run from 10-13. Super good and I do believe everybody would like it.

GRRR! is right - what a missed opportunity!!! The DR on this ranges from 5-14; with most of the earlier songs in the 10-11 DR range and the later songs only running in the 6-8 DR range. With the availability of modern equipment/tech. you'd think a Blu-ray could be utilized to represent the highest of audio quality for an artist.
Either the Rolling Stones don't have control of their music???- or they just don't give a damn about how it sounds to the fans??? Yeah, I realize It's only Rock 'n' Roll, but come on!
GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

And yet again the Stones avoided multichannel. I can see the early stuff not having the tapes to do that, but no excuse for the later songs. As Dr. Smith would say, "Oh, the pain!"

GRRR! is right - what a missed opportunity!!! The DR on this ranges from 5-14; with most of the earlier songs in the 10-11 DR range and the later songs only running in the 6-8 DR range. With the availability of modern equipment/tech. you'd think a Blu-ray could be utilized to represent the highest of audio quality for an artist.
Either the Rolling Stones don't have control of their music???- or they just don't give a damn about how it sounds to the fans??? Yeah, I realize It's only Rock 'n' Roll, but come on!
GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

View attachment 41523

Back