Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outlaws- Green Grass & High Tides
MVIMG_20200124_180811.jpg

Michael Nesmith with Red Rhodes: The McCabe's Tapes. Lovely, intimate concert with sound much better than I was expecting. Red Rhodes' pedal steel goes way beyond its use in conventional country music.

Listening now to a new Freddie King favorite. Thank you.
View attachment 45551
Freddie had a unique style of playing the guitar; he used metal thumb and index finger picks and would pluck the strings hard, giving it that sharp attack sound. Or he could play it sweet and mellow also using his other fingers if the song required it.

One of my favorite aussie records of all time*. The title track always makes me wanna move to Australia.

* says a lot since The Church is one of my favourite bands of all time. :)
This 1st release beats all the later ones that came out. Dynamic range of 14 !

When I make changes to my listening environment or equipment, I return to this Nils Lofgren SACD. Listening to the sparkle and spread of Lofgren’s guitar helps me diagnose stereo imaging and separation. “Keith Don’t Go” is a revelation. PLAY LOUD.
View attachment 45621
Ya know @sbrom I should check this one out; I’ve only got this other old Lofgren on original LP from long ago and always enjoyed it- thanks for the req!

1580140822617.jpeg

Back