Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamonds by the Yard Elliott Murphy
Great collection from his 70s albums.
He should have become better known

nothing like a little "Blitzkrieg Bop" to get the juices flowing! Eponymous!
1603717630800.png
RAMONES RAMONES
https://www.allmusic.com/album/ramones-mw0000691207

Le Butcherettes bi/MENTAL.
Some really good songs here, would like to catch them live sometime ...
1603809347443.jpeg

Mastered a bit hot, but rare is the CD that isn't this century.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Le Butcherettes / bi/MENTAL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR7 0.00 dB -9.56 dB 5:48 01-spider/WAVES
DR7 0.00 dB -8.22 dB 3:41 02-give/UP
DR8 -0.15 dB -10.51 dB 4:20 03-strong/ENOUGH
DR8 -0.08 dB -9.54 dB 2:19 04-father/ELOHIM
DR8 0.00 dB -9.63 dB 3:12 05-little/MOUSE
DR8 0.00 dB -10.37 dB 3:46 06-in/THE END
DR7 0.00 dB -8.30 dB 3:50 07-nothing/BUT TROUBLE
DR8 -0.05 dB -9.77 dB 2:45 08-la/SANDÍA
DR8 0.00 dB -9.14 dB 4:15 09-struggle/STRUGGLE
DR7 -0.11 dB -9.97 dB 4:32 10-dressed/IN A MATTER OF SPEECH
DR8 -0.04 dB -11.18 dB 3:46 11-mother/HOLDS
DR9 -0.10 dB -11.67 dB 3:41 12-sand/MAN
DR6 0.00 dB -11.01 dB 3:26 13-/BREATH

Number of tracks: 13
Official DR value: DR8

Ok, I listened to the Home Recordings disc today...

Tom Petty - Wildflowers & All The Rest (Deluxe)

1603984016122.png 1603984037558.png

I left the Home Recordings as the last disc to listen to. Demo recordings are usually just ok to me with these sets with maybe some interesting things but I gotta say, this recording is very well done. This wasn't a cassette recorder sitting next to him while he sang and strummed guitar ! We have a very well recorded, mainly acoustic versions of his songs. Good vocals, some times with harmony vocals, sometimes double tracked acoustic guitars or electric guitar, harmonica and one with bass and percussion. The vocals are intimate which really sounded great on several songs. Highlights for me were Don't Fade On Me (different lyrics & very touching vocals), Wake Up Time, Hung Up and Overdue, and Wildflowers.
This is a very nice set.

Last edited:
nice !! tell us your impressions please. thanks !!
I just finished listening to the all four discs. This is a great set. The first disc is his Wildflowers solo masterpiece. The second disc, All The Rest, is good and I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with these new songs. They are completed studio recordings and would have made Wildflowers a great double album. The Home Recordings are like an "unplugged" set. I really enjoyed them and found his intimate vocals quite touching in places. The live album is a lot of fun and again is top notch in quality... You get to hear Tom perform these songs live with a little talking to the audience.... which makes you miss him even more...

This is a great set. Highly recommended.

David

Now it's time for....

David Sanborn - Anything You Want - Disc 2 Soul Man
The Warner-Reprise-Elektra Years 1975-1999

View attachment 58690 View attachment 58691
I've forgotten how much I liked David Sanborn back in the day ! Man he can jam ! I saw him in concert several times during the mid late 80s and they were always a lot of fun ! Hey @Goona I seem to recall you spreading some love for Sanborn a short while back. If you don't have a lot of his music, this new 3 CD set is a great way to check out a lot of his best !

I just finished listening to the all four discs. This is a great set. The first disc is his Wildflowers solo masterpiece. The second disc, All The Rest, is good and I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with these new songs. They are completed studio recordings and would have made Wildflowers a great double album. The Home Recordings are like an "unplugged" set. I really enjoyed them and found his intimate vocals quite touching in places. The live album is a lot of fun and again is top notch in quality... You get to hear Tom perform these songs live with a little talking to the audience.... which makes you miss him even more...

This is a great set. Highly recommended.

David

thank you David

Back