Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another killer eponymous release--this debut was produced by John Cale
1607528427784.png
The Stooges The Stooges
https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-stooges-mw0000195830

FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS I HAVE BEEN IMMERSED IN THIS PHENOMENOL Superbly Remastered 4 disc Imported set from the FREE DESIGN. All 7 albums were engineered by Phil Ramone for Enoch Light's Project 3 Label and feature some of contemporary Jazz's who's who! [CHERRY RED Records/4 RBCDs in slipcase w/booklet]

61SAa1oss9L._SL1200_.jpg

61r%2BhCTnCbL._SL1210_.jpg

Last edited:
DCB1B943-9D84-4C73-BB1B-C71E065F76E2.jpeg
Elton John - The Diving Board
Deluxe Edition with the bonus disc.
Reviews weren’t great (including my brother the biggest Elton fan I know) so this languished on my pile for close to 7 years (!)
But, it’s better than I expected. Some very good, mainly upbeat, songs.
High points are Elton’s piano playing and these are some of the best lyrics Bernie’s ever written IMO.
The only let down is the grainy character of the simple production.

Billy Cobham's Glassmenagerie ‎– Stratus
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/57641

"Contemporary fusion fanciers will note the presence of guitarist Mike Stern, who was concurrently a member of Miles Davis first comeback band, or at least about to join it.
Here we hear a number of guitar solos which show all the familiar Stern mannerisms already in place and explain why he has become a minor guitar hero. Hearing Cobham and Stern together make this an essential recording for jazz-rock fans"

Folder.jpg

Kraftwerk ‎– Computer World
https://www.discogs.com/Kraftwerk-Computer-World/release/1511226
"Computer World captured the band right at the moment when its pioneering approach fully broke through in popular music, thanks to the rise of synth pop, hip-hop, and electro.
As Arthur Baker sampled "Trans-Europe Express" for "Planet Rock" and disciples like Depeche Mode, OMD, and Gary Numan scored major hits, Computer World demonstrated that the old masters still had some last tricks up their collective sleeves"

MVIMG_20200829_155323.jpg

71w1WJMMN-L._SL1300_.jpg

Kraftwerk ‎– Computer World
https://www.discogs.com/Kraftwerk-Computer-World/release/1511226
"Computer World captured the band right at the moment when its pioneering approach fully broke through in popular music, thanks to the rise of synth pop, hip-hop, and electro.
As Arthur Baker sampled "Trans-Europe Express" for "Planet Rock" and disciples like Depeche Mode, OMD, and Gary Numan scored major hits, Computer World demonstrated that the old masters still had some last tricks up their collective sleeves"

View attachment 60212
View attachment 60213
Hell YEAH!!! those krazy krauts were refining their KRAFT!!!
My favorite of the two is the German version...I think the English one has a better mix which is probably because the mixed it after the German one...
TAchenReschner sounds SOOOO sweet/cool in German....
in my previous life my ex and I found the cd release of the German version in Madrid Rock (defunct store). CD prices in Spain had ALWAYS been RIDICULOUSLY expensive, so this was like 3,495 pesetas (about $35) and money is ALWAYS tight on Spain..fortunately it remained there for almost YEARS, and , no, it never got cheaper. So for my bday about 17+ years ago she splurged for it and got it for me...I still have it and it's a quite sought after version of the CD

Porcupine Tree ‎– Spiral Circus
Bandcamp flac

"Spiral Circus is the first live album by Porcupine Tree. The tracks were recorded directly from the mixing desk.
This is a very interesting live release of early songs. The mood goes from symphonic, metal, spacey to fully psychedelic.
The quality is very good and the early psychedelic vibes from the band are readily apparent in this essential primitive outing"

porcupine-tree-spiral-circus-live(other)-20130605155459.jpg

Front Line Assembly ‎– Gashed Senses & Crossfire

(Canadian electro-industrial band formed by Bill Leeb in 1986 after leaving Skinny Puppy)

"Listeners are forced to contend with acerbic dance numbers ("No Limit," "Digital Tension Dementia," etc.), hypnotic metal machine music ("Antisocial" "Bloodsport"), and hauntingly ethereal meditations ("Prayer," "Sedation") alike, without discrimination.
Formidable production talents also brought meticulous detail to the inordinate number of instrumental layers stacked within, and the innumerable sonic artifacts that peppered them with surprises"

IMG_20201212_153916.jpg

Back