Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friends. This one is incredible. Re-done SO well !!

moodyhq.jpg

Still enjoying her latest release....

Diana Krall - This Dream of You

1611554024083.jpeg 1611554089993.jpeg 1611554262439.jpeg

I really dig her new version of “How Deep Is The Ocean.” This time it’s bluesier and slower than the swinging version she released 23 years ago on “Love Scenes.” Very nice.

Last edited:
Tim Blake ‎– Crystal Machine (1977)
  • Tim Blake (Gong, Hawkwind)
  • Instruments: EMS Synthis A, Minimoog, Elka Rhapsody
  • Effects EMS Frequency Shifter, MXR Flanger, Sony TC Tape Deck Echo, Sony Mix 12
"A birthplace of ambient- electronica. This is supremely delicate music, quite minimalist with its overtly languid textures, lucid whisps of cosmic colouring and serene astral explorations.
British synthesizer ace Tim Blake was the artist who created all those bizarre and textured synth sounds for prog rock acolytes, Gong from 1972-1975.
Crystal Machine was actually named after the set of keyboards he built for himself on stage"

81-R8pt4llL._SL1417_.jpg

Hawkwind ‎– The Business Trip

This "small band" version of Hawkwind sounds huge due to the versatility of the musicians involved:
Alan Davey - Bass, Vocals, Synthesizer, Synthesizer [Wave Sequencing]
Dave Brock - Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizer
Richard Chadwick - Drums, Percussion

"Dave Brock and company re- engineer themselves as a Space Rock-New Age power trio, wavering between blissful electronic explorations and thumping anthems at the drop of a hat. Everything flows together very smoothly and naturally.
The tracks and improvisations are tight, fun, not overindulgent and not too long.
The sound is better then their often cosmetic studio sound and the selection of songs they bring spans more then 20 years of their career"

the-business-trip-album-cover-sticker__49264.1539894248.jpg

Iron Butterfly "Unconscious Power: An Anthology 1967-1971"Box set, descent sound (for the age of the recordings) DR value of 10 or 11 on the ones I checked so far. I'm always concerned that current CD releases will be excessively compressed, not this set so I've now pre-ordered other releases from "Cherry Red"!
R-16595373-1609772446-4299.jpeg.jpg

Back