Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5C8A4EC5-1ECD-4389-A76C-C367499E90B1.png

David Bowie - ★

OMG.....stunning. I’m speechless

Last edited:
For some of us, Hard rock is our core, but not as popular today as years past, like so many genre's nothing seems to be as popular as in the past. We grew up in such a golden age of radio, Hifi gear, concerts, etc, I'm digressing.
Two very good and exciting hard rock bands that should be in your collection are: The Dead Daisies and Greta Van Fleet.
8129irTdIhL._SY355_.jpg
A1ZLlColguL._SY355_.jpg

Poor Terry Dolan, he cut an album for Warner Brothers in 1972. Everything was ready for the release, until Warner inexplicitly cancelled the release and subsequently dropped him. The album sat for 43 years in their vaults. It has the great Nicky Hopkins playing piano on half of it. The Pre Fame Pointer sister singing backup vocals as well as many famous Bay area musicians on it.

Just had to post this big radio and MTV hit CD, one of my favorite genre's, late 80's hard rock or better yet Hair Metal, love it.
Anyway J-Pup can listen to the hit Up All Night-sleep all day.
View attachment 63709
Yeah, they were legit IMO. I saw Slaughter live in Peoria, IL back during their peak. In fact, I saw 3 bands.

Slaughter
Bullet Boys
Winger

It was an amazing show. And, Bullet Boys lead singer was watching Winger and stood next to me in the hall. He got me a beer and we chatted for a minute or 2. He was certainly a David Lee Roth act alike....still very cool.

Yeah, they were legit IMO. I saw Slaughter live in Peoria, IL back during their peak. In fact, I saw 3 bands.

Slaughter
Bullet Boys
Winger

It was an amazing show. And, Bullet Boys lead singer was watching Winger and stood next to me in the hall. He got me a beer and we chatted for a minute or 2. He was certainly a David Lee Roth act alike....still very cool.
That's great Gene, I knew you where the real thing.

Reactions: GOS
WobblerHinterland

The epic song Hinterland at over 27 minutes

"This debut album is in Progarchives Top 5 albums of Year 2005. Tribute to "Old School Prog"
Wobbler gives a taste of symphonic combined with a bit of avant garde even though still in "accessible" territory"

71BVNdm+exL._SL1216_.jpg

8E01DC69-6C3D-4910-8AB5-2C3E8E76D45A.jpeg

Lighthouse - 40 Years of Sunny Days
Compilation from 2009. Nothing from the first three RCA records or Lighthouse Live.
Sound quality isn’t awful but it is disappointing. Sounds like it’s a couple of gens removed from the masters.
But the music shines through.
Includes a 5.1 DVD recorded in studio.
Review of that will come on another thread

Back