Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Split Enz - True Colours (1980)

This is taken from my compressed CD release from 2006 with Bonus Tracks. I’m contemplating buying the 40th Anniversary issue from last year. Has anyone heard it? I hope it isn’t compressed. I’ve read that it was remixed by Eddie Raynor. Not sure if it’s the same as the one I have here since ER did this one too.

1618183311115.jpeg

Track listing:

1) Shark Attack
2) I Got You
3) What’s The Matter With You
4) Double Happy
5) I Wouldn’t Dream Of It
6) I Hope I Never
7) Nobody Takes Me Seriously Anyway
8) Missing Person
9) Poor Boy
10) How Can I Resist Her
11) The Choral Sea
12) Things (Bonus Track)
13) Two Of A Kind (Bonus Track)

Split Enz - True Colours (1980)

This is taken from my compressed CD release from 2006 with Bonus Tracks. I’m contemplating buying the 40th Anniversary issue from last year. Has anyone heard it? I hope it isn’t compressed. I’ve read that it was remixed by Eddie Raynor. Not sure if it’s the same as the one I have here since ER did this one too.

View attachment 65844

Track listing:

1) Shark Attack
2) I Got You
3) What’s The Matter With You
4) Double Happy
5) I Wouldn’t Dream Of It
6) I Hope I Never
7) Nobody Takes Me Seriously Anyway
8) Missing Person
9) Poor Boy
10) How Can I Resist Her
11) The Choral Sea
12) Things (Bonus Track)
13) Two Of A Kind (Bonus Track)

Here's a screen shot of "Shark Attack" from the 40th anniversary edition.

shark.jpg

I have one MQA disc Rebecca Pigeon The Raven which my Oppo plays. Having no other version I don't know how this compares. I don't understand why this format was created and what its advantage is.
For instance I'm happy to buy a hybrid SACD or CD plus DVD package.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

redbook channel here at work. thanks MFSL for making work even more enjoyable...

View attachment 65890
How did you get that one so fast? I only received an email that is was available on Friday. So, I went to order it and, according to the Music Direct Website, it was already sold out and wouldn’t be back in stock for 4-6 weeks. Yesterday, I ordered it off the MoFi Website along with Still Crazy After All These Years. Same company. Why the discrepancy for in stock?

I think its because of my good looks and charm. LOL. Actually I do not know why but I get all their releases super early. This helps balance out all my 'slow boat from' orders .....like the Ultravox box that took 3 months from shipping release date that I ordered on first day to order.....

Last edited:
I think its because of my good looks and charm. LOL. Actually I do not know why but I get all their releases super early. This helps balance out all my 'slow boat from' orders .....like the Ultravox box that took 3 months from shipping release date that I ordered on first day to order.....
Do your orders ship from MoFi or Music Direct?

If I ordered via Music Direct, I would have received free shipping. With MoFi, I paid $10.00.

Last edited:
I order from MoFi
Now, this makes me wonder if they ship the MoFi orders directly from their headquarters in Northern California, since that’s the only label they stock versus MD. If so, that’s probably why they may charge extra for shipping, due to some unknown reason.

I remember the last time I was on the phone with a CSR with MD, I asked her if they own MoFi, why the discrepancy in the in-stock items between the two Websites. She told me that the MoFi Website takes a while to update. Although, the way she said it, it was a nonchalant answer. Knowing what I know (I used to create Websites), her answer didn’t make much sense.

ImportCD now lists Still Crazy After All These Years @ $31.55 [ABOVE retail] + s/h and sales tax. List Price is $29.98 NOT $39.98 as indicated by ImportCD!!!!!
https://www.importcds.com/still-crazy-after-all-these-years/821797221269

My original plan was to order from importcds but I got worried the Paul Simon disc would sell out fast and didn’t want to wait. Then, I saw the APP disc and noticed MoFi was the only place that showed in stock.

Side note: It would be interesting to hear how many Eye In The Sky discs they sell. There are a few different mastering versions out there already. It better sound damn good!

Gin Blossoms - Up And Crumbling (1991 A&M Records)

I used to have New Miserable Experience too but either gave it away or sold it less than a year after its release. This one is all I got left.

1618263659189.jpeg

Track list:

1) Mrs. Rita
2) Allison Road
3) Angels Tonight
4) Just South Of Nowhere
5) Keli Richards

I think this was their EP that lead up to the album New Miserable Experience. I don’t like the fact that the snare drum is recorded too hot in the mix. In fact, it sounds like a cowbell. Otherwise, good songs.

Back