Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see all the opinions of GVFleet. I personally think they rock. I dig the singers voice. I mean, jeez......to my ears, he's the closest to Robert Plant I've heard. Yeah, yeah......call him a rip off. I remember when Krokus got popular in the US, I thought the lead singer was copying Bon Scott. :) It's all good, we all have our thoughts. Rightfully so....

Back on track, with my musical Joni journey. Disc 4 from the 5 disc box set.
Mono, 16/44.1 DR's are 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's & 15. This disc has a bunch of noise and tape hiss. Well it is part home demo.
R-16131500-1605436714-1640.jpeg.jpg

R-16131500-1605436713-7390.jpeg.jpg

No, it is not @Lute but I am listening to the Missing persons released in 1982.
View attachment 66343
Yes, still looking for @Lute (we miss you!). But I know he’s been hanging around some lately.

So, I guess the question for me is: Are new quality “Remastered” old titles so rare now? I see a lot of missteps out there lately.

There have been some good ones, but where are we in the loudness wars?

Just picked this up a 3 CD Missing Persons set from Ruebellan Remasters, released 1/8/2021.
I was suprised for a remaster to have higher DR's then what I am used to. Between the 3 discs, all fairly equal, DR's are 10's 11's, 12's. Need to listen.
Missing Persons / The Album Collection | Rubellan Remasters
Spring Session M does not sound compressed, as those DR numbers would dictate, to me. I plan on listening to the other two CDs this weekend. It’s the best I have heard that album.

Please give us your impressions, Markie. I’m interested!
I would buy it sounds great. A good way to tell good sound with CD's is to listen in the car.
I recently purchased the Greta Van Fleet new CD with DR's of 6 and didn't sound too bad on the home rig, but put disc in car and sounded like shit, disappointed.
The Missing Persons, I am only through Disc 1 sound really good at home and in car. Terry Bozzio's drums sound really good, his sisters vocals sound real good and so does all the rest.
This company Ruebellan Remasters seems to really do a good job, and shipping was fast, ordered April 16th and arrived April 21.
I am going to take another look at there site and see if there is more I might like?

I would buy it sounds great. A good way to tell good sound with CD's is to listen in the car.
I recently purchased the Greta Van Fleet new CD with DR's of 6 and didn't sound too bad on the home rig, but put disc in car and sounded like shit, disappointed.
The Missing Persons, I am only through Disc 1 sound really good at home and in car. Terry Bozzio's drums sound really good, his sisters vocals sound real good and so does all the rest.
This company Ruebellan Remasters seems to really do a good job, and shipping was fast, ordered April 16th and arrived April 21.
I am going to take another look at there site and see if there is more I might like?
Awesome, I’m in. Does the mini boxset have any worthy extras? I only ask because it’s cheaper buying the 3 individual discs.

Yes, still looking for @Lute (we miss you!). But I know he’s been hanging around some lately.

So, I guess the question for me is: Are new quality “Remastered” old titles so rare now? I see a lot of missteps out there lately.

There have been some good ones, but where are we in the loudness wars?
Hey Pupster! Yep, I am still here. 😉👍

I see Rubellan has Krisma, so here is a New Wave classic for you. 🐶

Another highly recommended Rubellan remaster containing bonus tracks

Visage / Visage CD (Expanded Edition)

1. Visage
2. Blocks on Blocks
3. The Dancer
4. Tar
5. Fade to Grey
6. Malpaso Man
7. Mind of a Toy
8. Moon Over Moscow
9. Visa-age
10. The Steps
Bonus Tracks:
11. We Move
12. Fade to Grey (Dance Mix)
13. Mind of a Toy (Dance Mix)
14. Visage (Dance Mix)
15. We Move (Dance Mix)
16. Frequency 7 (Dance Mix)
17. Second Steps

The Passions - Sanctuary is worth checking out as well.

I might have to find a music shop here in Tokyo for these. Rubellan doesn’t seem to be shipping to Japan at the moment. :unsure:

Just Ordered. Great VIBE. Also added the Rubellan Missing Persons: Spring Sessions M to my order.

And WELCOME BACK to my VERY FAVORITE CLASSICIST!

71E5xo7JpnL._SL1500_.jpg

Back