Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91hzwqMgtRL._SL1500_.jpg

$3.99 for three disc set at Deep Discount...Track Listing, included:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/many-faces-of-eric-clapton-various-artists/7798093711592

Last edited:
I bought this many many years ago. Its a silver side official. But Ive never seen it since and - not trying to oneup - its freaking incredible !! Pure acoustical The House of Love - 15 songs worth. Sultry hot summer night music with a thunderstorm in the distance.....whoa!

blacksession.jpg

Last edited:
04BE19B2-2E9D-4242-BD86-F11ACF75534A.jpeg

Having finished the Fleetwood Mac 1969-1974 box, it’s on to another set from a British band covering roughly the same time frame:
Climax Blues Band - The Albums 1969-1972

Starting with:

DC95DDBF-4387-437D-8443-4E43193014F5.jpeg

The Climax Chicago Blues Band

This box was a leap of faith, I knew exactly ONE CBB song (Couldn’t Get It Right...of course).
This first album, like early Fleetwood Mac, is straight ahead blues. It’s very good and the sound is excellent, waaaay better than I expected.

Last edited:
Bee Gees

Main Course

Listening thru the 5 disc older used DVD/sacd/cd player since my Onyko 6 disc player died...miss random...oh well
Sounds pretty good not too bad of a dac in this...using analogs

F4E50DF9-A20B-4F1B-8EE1-A77D86E6773E.jpeg

What Made Milwaukee Famous - Trying to Never Catch Up

Despite the band’s name, they are not from Wisconsin but Austin Texas
This is their first album, self released in 2004.
it was re-recorded, re-sequenced and re-released with the same cover (tinted in blue) when they signed with Barsuk Records in 2006.
Definitely indie, but sounds fine and some good songs. Power pop/rock is the best description I can think of.
One of these days I’ll get the Barsuk version and compare

Last edited:
OK, it took me a bit to figure out Let It Be vs Let It Be... Naked. It appears to me Naked Disc 2 is all the parts and pieces with a little added to what was mixed in on the orginal release. The Naked tracks just start right from main body of music, also no strings are with the Naked cuts, which i have to admit sounds refreshing.
The orginal has 12 tracks vs Naked has 11 tracks, missing the :50 second Dig It.
I compared the two that I own RBCD Naked and SHM CD. DR's are basically the same on both, average 10.
R-6402374-1419354206-9833.jpeg.jpg
R-411994-1234554220.jpeg.jpg

Do you perceive a difference on Let it Be SHM-CD?

Naked is de-Spectorized and McCartneyized.

No offense to you or Macca. He's my favorite 💓 Beatle. I'd have done something similar.
I have all The Beatles in Japanese release SHM CD mini LP’s and I love them. I also have the Black Box stereo set and I much prefer the SHM CD’s. I deleted all the Black Box CD’s and only listen to the SHM CD’s.
Not sure what you mean by your favorite Beatle.
I don’t mind the Spector sound if that is what you are referring to?

I love all four and have extensive collections of their solo work.

My point was that Naked is more Macca's vision of that album. Even if the other three or heirs had lots of input in Naked, it would still be Yoko's interpretation of John's vision, not John's himself.

I'm glad we have Macca's vision and still would recommend the original to a Beatles novice.

I've bought 8 copies of this: red Apple LP, UK blue LP box, Mofi 1/2 speed in MoFi Collection box, UK red mono LP box foldover mix, US CD, UK CD in rolltop box, Naked and US black CD box.

Ben Platt SING TO ME INSTEAD [Atlantic Records/Stereo RBCD] After conquering the Great White Way and walking away with a Tony Award for Dear Evan Hansen, Ben enchants with his first album

R02bcc1244de1f0509bb3cde482a6261f

Back