Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andra Day CHEERS TO THE FALL {Warner Records/Stereo RBCD} After her stunning performance as Lady Day in "The United States vs. Billie Holiday," Ms Day's stunning debut album is sensational! What a set of pipes!

See the source image

Last edited:
I purchased some CD's lately, and like everyone else they can be hit or miss with either music or sound quality.
This CD is the best of what I purchased, 54 tracks (3 Discs) by Tony Joe White called Collected. Sweet southern soul at it's best. DR average is 12 very respectable for a CD. Music is pure Muscle Shoals sound. Guests include Shelby Lynne, Lucinda Williams, Michelle White, Eric Clapton and J.J. Cale.
81Ava-EJ6VL._SX425_.jpg

recently:

Beach Boys Rarities plus Uptempo, Ballad & Singles Medleys Japan CD Toshiba-EMI TOCP-6604

Harry & Son soundtrack - Mancini (limited to 1000 copies) Quartet Records

Aquarello - Roedelius

Live on Broadway - Barry Manilow

Life Rolls On - Florida Georgia Line

Battle at Garden's Gate - Greta Van Fleet

Knebworth - Skynrd

I know this is getting a bit of a bad rap, but I like it. Super Deluxe Sabotage.
My advice, try not to listen too hard, turn up and enjoy, really starts off with the great Black Sabbath sound, Ozzy is very into it, drums, bass, and guitar are cookin'.
Disc 1, North American Tour 1975. DR's are 9's & 10's.
R-19101328-1623480137-8748.jpeg.jpg

Inter•Mix ‎– Intermix

Front Line Assembly side project.

"Intermix is a very strange one and it does not sound like anything else.
It is like they mixed instrumental synth with early techno and some trance and electro music.
They have been able to create a very different kind of instrumental music here"
PXL_20210618_004117585.MP.jpg
PXL_20210618_004036059.MP.jpg

I like this much better than The Mission. Brand new Styx. 2.0 CD 15 tracks. Sounds fantastic, great music. DR's are 6's, 7's, 8's, 9, 10.
View attachment 68123

Funny, NO BD~A 5.1 for this newest STYX release. The Mission actually sold out on BD~A!

However, those DR Numbers are nothing to write home about, Markie. Is it Compressed?

Icehouse - Code Blue

(2002) Diva Records

1624071539801.jpeg

From Wikipedia:
Code Blue is the seventh studio album by the Australian rock/synthpop band Icehouse and was released in November 1990 by Regular Records. Although less commercially successful than their previous studio album, 1987's Man of Colours, Code Blue peaked at #5 on the Australian album charts. Singles from the album were "Touch the Fire" "Big Fun", "Miss Divine", "Anything Is Possible" and "Where the River Meets the Sea", "Miss Divine" peaked at #16 on the Australian singles chart and became their last Top 40 hit. The album was digitally remastered by Icehouse founder Iva Davies and Ryan Scott with three bonus tracks added for the 2002 re-release by Warner Music Australia.

C6425026-7004-4778-AEEF-38AA34A6415B.jpeg

Miles Davis - Nefertiti

This version, from the Contemporary Jazz Masters Series, sounds a bit thin and slightly strident so I’m playing it again after a major gap (20 years?) to decide if I like the music enough to splurge on the MoFi SACD.
I think this one is worth the investment musically, hopefully the MoFi is a sufficient improvement

Funny, NO BD~A 5.1 for this newest STYX release. The Mission actually sold out on BD~A!

However, those DR Numbers are nothing to write home about, Markie. Is it Compressed?
Good question Ralphie.
First, we all hope we get a surprise surround release like we did with The Mission, that would be great. I just happen to like the songs and sound of the music better on Crash Of The Crown, it's a tiny bit heavier, a little less sappy.
Compressed? I don't know, I have never been a good judge of that on the fly, ears only. Sounds good to me in car and home rig.

Back