Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-ha - Scoundrel Days

(2011) Rhino / Warner Bros. Records Original Album Series

Originally released in 1986

1624753495551.jpeg

The Fixx - Reach The beach

(2003) MCA Remaster

1624755699597.jpeg

Wikipedia
Reach the Beach is the second studio album by British new wave band the Fixx, released on 15 May 1983. It was the group's most successful album, reaching No. 8 on the Billboard albums chart and eventually selling one million copies in the United States alone. The album was certified Platinum by the RIAA. It was certified platinum in Canada in November 1983.

Reach the Beach contains their best-known and highest charting single, "One Thing Leads to Another", which reached No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The Tubes - Remote Control

(2017) A&M Records / Caroline International

I have all three copies of this album that were released on the compact disc format and this one sounds the best.

1624758678536.jpeg

Wikipedia
Remote Control is the fourth studio album released by the Tubes. This was their first to be produced by Todd Rundgren (the other being 1985's Love Bomb). It is a concept album about a television-addicted idiot savant.

Producer Todd Rundgren suggested that the next work be a concept album. Lead singer Fee Waybill sketched out a storyline based on his favorite book, Being There by Jerzy Kosinski. "It wasn't an original concept," he admits, but "I tried to make it more contemporary." Rundgren encouraged the musical adaptation, and thrust himself into the project, as was his style: "Every song has so much of him," marveled Prairie Prince.

Chaka Khan - Destiny

(1986) Warner Bros. Records

1624766611704.jpeg

Wikipedia
Destiny is the sixth studio album by American R&B/funk singer Chaka Khan, released on Warner Bros. Records in 1986.

Destiny was Khan's follow-up to the platinum-selling I Feel for You and was as high tech as its predecessor—symptomatically and characteristically for its period with more producers and sound engineers credited in the liner notes than musicians—but was musically more geared towards rock and pop than soul and R&B, most prominently on tracks such as "So Close", the self-penned title track "My Destiny", "Who's It Gonna Be" and "Watching the World" featuring Phil Collins on drums and backing vocals.

The album spun off five single releases, the first being "Love of a Lifetime", co-written, co-produced and featuring backing vocals by Green Gartside of British band Scritti Politti (US Pop #53, US R&B #21, UK #52). The second single "Tight Fit" was a midtempo R&B ballad, just like "Eye to Eye" from I Feel for You produced by Russ Titelman, which reached #28 on the US R&B chart. The satirical "Earth to Mickey" (When are you going to land?), featuring Khan both singing and rapping (and keyboardist Reggie Griffin rapping in the role of 'Mickey'), was released as the third single in early 1987 and only just made the Top 100 of the R&B chart, peaking at #93. The dramatic ballad "The Other Side of the World", written by Mike Rutherford of Genesis and B. A. Robertson and which had first been released as part of the White Nights soundtrack album in late 1985, reached #81. The fifth single "Watching the World" never charted. The album itself fared slightly better, reaching #25 on Billboard's R&B albums chart, but stalling at #67 on Pop and #77 in the UK. Destiny however gave Khan another Grammy nomination in 1987 for Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female. The track "My Destiny" was used as the theme song for Richard Pryor's motion picture Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling.

Son of a biscuit eater, Stevie Ray Vaughn was such a good musician. This recording is really great fidelity, even over YouTube

He certainly was that.
A tragic loss - did you know he was almost the lead guitarist for the 'Serious Moonlight' tour alongside Earl Slick?
We have 2 full dress rehearsals from Dallas in 1983 that gives a wonderful glimpse into how great that tour could have been.
But, because the management wanted him to sign an exclusivity deal and blow out a few 'Double Trouble' gigs that had already been set up & the contracts signed (which he refused to do) it sadly never happened.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back