Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Focus 50 LIVE IN RIO [Cherry Red/3 RBCDs/1 BD~V DD 5.1/LPCM Stereo 48/24b]. Yikes, where do I start. A fabulous 2 hour concert on BD~V and three RBCDs 'Completely Focussed' and on 2 RBCDs 'The Complete Focus 1~11' recorded during the Corona Pandemic in 2020. Artwork by Roger Dean ....yes, THAT Roger Dean. Best price at present Deep Discount [Amazon wants $35] United Kingdom Import.

Focus Focus 50: Live In Rio (3CD+BR) [Import] on DeepDiscount [For complete track listing]

See the source image

Last edited:
Ozric Tentacles – Sliding Gliding Worlds

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

"Nice inspired space rock with prog leanings, elements of jazz-fusion, electronica, dub and ambient sound effects.
This one has a more chilled out vibe to it compared to the preceding albums.
Tom Brooks left his keyboard post and was replaced by Ed Wynne which is possibly why this album sounds more relaxed with less heavy guitar outbursts and more of a cementing of a sound that would emerge in the 90s"

unnamed.jpg

3697B7F1-5CEE-41FF-9623-F9F9F3BF4E7C.jpeg

Climax (Chicago) Blues Band - Plays On

Second album, from the 1969-1972 Box Set
Not clear on the name at this point. ‘Chicago’ appears in their name on the back cover but not the front.
Great album, more wind instruments than the first album which was more straight ahead blues. This record is party music.
Sound is OK, some tracks are thin and fatiguing, while others are a bit fuller.
Nothing terrible, just not as good as the previous album.

Its interesting and fun to pull out some cd's that you bought 20-30+ years ago. You had put on the shelf way back when. your musical tastes differed back then or the cd just didnt excite you at that time. And now you listen and appreciate. Here is one -

pillowlips.jpg

Last edited:
Pink Floyd ‎– Interstellar Overdrive & Nicks Boogie

"
The highlight of the disc is the almost 17-minute rendition of Interstellar Overdrive, played at a slightly more breathless pace than the "Piper" version.
Roger Waters and Nick Mason are locked for most of its length into a driving, one-chord groove under Richard Wright's noodling Farfisa organ chords and arpeggios.

Barrett's guitar playing, not unlike his later mental state, is somewhere in deep space, but the sheer inventiveness of his technique is invigorating to hear"

PXL_20210703_012547505.MP.jpg
PXL_20210703_012511807.MP.jpg

View attachment 68634
Climax Blues Band - A Lot of Bottle

Wow, some great stuff on here, really liking ‘Brief Case’ among others.
Feels like they’ve combined the best characteristics of their first two albums.
I'll have to dig out my Climax Blues Band albums and give them a whirl as its been a while since I listened to them, saw them live loads of times mid-70s onwards, always top notch.

Bryan Ferry * Roxy Music - Street Life * 20 Great Hits

(2021) Japanese MQA-CD Release

This MQA-CD sounds superb. I really have to turn this one up, and I find that to be a good thing. The best I have heard these songs, ever. Well, except, maybe, for the songs off of SACD of Avalon and Boys and Girls.

1625355349698.jpeg

Wikipedia
Street Life: 20 Great Hits is a compilation album by Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music, released in 1986. The album reached number one on both the New Zealand and UK Albums Charts in 1986.

Back