Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the Tuck Box set....

Nick Drake - Made To Love Magic

1627329957294.png 1627329987405.png

IMG_0030.JPG

The Fireman - Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest

This McCartney offshoot popped up in this thread (or was it somewhere else?) recently, so I put it aside for another listen.
I liked it the first time, and I still like it now.
Wish I'd got the other two Fireman CDs when readily available

Good Tuesday Morning People !

I had to have a second listen to ...

Nick Drake - Made To Love Magic

1627391079241.png 1627391095680.png

Mostly new songs to me...

Next I put on the Family Tree disc of home recordings.

1627391207594.png 1627391226695.png

Interesting to listen to, but not something that will get played again.

lately:

Byrds Original Singles A&B's '65-'71 Japan 2 CD mono (2 tracks 2ch)

Road Trips v1 #3 Summer '71 - Grateful Dead 2 CD plus bonus CD

Hot Dawg - David Grisman MoFi Gold CD

Bootleg Series V1-3 - Dylan 3 CD
...I know one thing, nobody can sing the blues like Blind Willie McTell...

Jump Up - Elton John German CD (flat top case)

Tchaikovsky: Sym 6 & Weber: Die Freischutz - Furtwangler/Berlin Phil (1935/38) UK 🇬🇧 mono CD dynamite Tchaikovsky 6th!!

Complete Riverside - Wes Montgomery 12 CD

Go to Heaven - Grateful Dead Japan CD ...tonight I crossed the line...

Tent of Miracles - Spirit UK 2 CD expanded

Ramsey Lewis Complete Works '57-'60 4 CD

At Last...the Beginning Electric Ladyland: Early Takes from uber ultra deeeeluxe box

lately:

Byrds Original Singles A&B's '65-'71 Japan 2 CD mono (2 tracks 2ch)

Road Trips v1 #3 Summer '71 - Grateful Dead 2 CD plus bonus CD

Hot Dawg - David Grisman MoFi Gold CD

Bootleg Series V1-3 - Dylan 3 CD
...I know one thing, nobody can sing the blues like Blind Willie McTell...

Jump Up - Elton John German CD (flat top case)

Tchaikovsky: Sym 6 & Weber: Die Freischutz - Furtwangler/Berlin Phil (1935/38) UK 🇬🇧 mono CD dynamite Tchaikovsky 6th!!

Complete Riverside - Wes Montgomery 12 CD

Go to Heaven - Grateful Dead Japan CD ...tonight I crossed the line...

Tent of Miracles - Spirit UK 2 CD expanded

Ramsey Lewis Complete Works '57-'60 4 CD

At Last...the Beginning Electric Ladyland: Early Takes from uber ultra deeeeluxe box

So QL, you did the complete Wes catalog ? Awesome ! ......Im lacking a few of his.....

I have most of his CD's and a bunch of SACD's. This box isn't everything he ever did, just the Riverside. There are lots of Verve, A&M/CTI and assorted other labels that aren't included here. This might be his best stuff, albeit his least commercial.

There are a few archival and live CD's that have been done in the last few years that I haven't picked up yet. Bought my first Wes record when I was in grade school. Perhaps the best jazz guitarist ever.

So QL, you did the complete Wes catalog ? Awesome ! ......Im lacking a few of his.....

Terrapin Station (Suite) · from Holly Bowling "Better Left Unsung" double CD...

TREES SLEEP CONVENTION [MCA Records/Rubellan Remaster with 10 bonus tracks which was intended to be their second LP] A truly great New Wave Album

Digitally remastered and expanded edition. Trees (AKA Dane Conover) released his brilliant album Sleep Convention in 1982 to extremely positive and enthusiastic reviews. But even though this was to be the only Trees album released, Sleep Convention has continued to build a strong and dedicated following over the years, thanks to excellent songwriting and strong, memorable melodies. As a multi-instrumentalist, Conover embraced technology to give the album the electronic feel that fit in with a lot of the new wave and synthpop sounds of the time. But Trees was also not afraid to incorporate traditional guitars and drums, as well as a collection of found sounds. The album is propelled further by being skillfully engineered by the legendary Earle Mankey which helps make Sleep Convention a unique and colorful masterpiece. Upbeat and catchy, dreamy and ethereal, Sleep Convention has it all. In addition to the remastered original 10 track album, this deluxe CD edition offers 12 bonus songs pulled directly from Dane Conover's personal archive. This includes very different alternate versions of two standout album tracks, as well as 10 additional songs that were intended to be the second Trees album, Pandora's Box. The eight-page booklet includes numerous rare 'behind the scenes' photos from the Sleep Convention recording sessions, as well as notes from Dane Conover that make this the ultimate Sleep Convention package.

51vS21TTr4L.jpg

Last edited:
Back