Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why it’s taking so long to stock the MQA-CD at Amazon. I think I’m done ordering a lot of my new discs off Amazon. :mad:

I received an email the other day from Deep Discount that ONLY the MQA~2 disc CD set was being shipped and today, I not only received that set but also ONE and the SACD of Mr. Big's Lean Into it. I also think Deep Discount has better pricing than Amazon on music discs in general.

BTW, Perp, Amazon's current price on that 2 disc MQA set is almost DOUBLE what I paid @ Deep Discount and NO coupons were applied:

https://www.amazon.com/Lean-Into-30...+into+it+MQA+CD&qid=1627949264&s=music&sr=1-1

I’ve been ordering most of my new release discs at importcds. With the exception of the Bryan Ferry and Styx MQA-CD’s, I haven’t ordered anything from Amazon Japan either. I think I‘ve used Deep Discount once and popmarket once via discogs. I’ve made a decision to order directly at Rubellan Remasters for their releases going forward too. I remember when I used to get new releases from Amazon, right on release day.

Amazon charged me $17.73 for the Mr. Big MQA-CD. I still have yet to cancel it cause I was hoping for a miracle to happen on getting it earlier.

EF4FE866-4081-4D20-A49B-5C826137BFA9.png

Amazon charged me $17.73 for the Mr. Big MQA-CD. I still have yet to cancel it cause I was hoping for a miracle to happen on getting it earlier.

View attachment 69663
ditto !!! Scamazon is telling me Aug 23 for this item !!!!!!!

I ordered my copy on June 25th from Deep Discount. But I did have to email them today that two previous discs that I ordered way back when which were IN STOCK at time of order were NOT delivered.

I’ve been ordering most of my new release discs at importcds. With the exception of the Bryan Ferry and Styx MQA-CD’s, I haven’t ordered anything from Amazon Japan either. I think I‘ve used Deep Discount once and popmarket once via discogs. I’ve made a decision to order directly at Rubellan Remasters for their releases going forward too. I remember when I used to get new releases from Amazon, right on release day.

Perp, thanks for turning me on to the official Rubellan website. Just noticed that on August 27th, they're releasing these four Oingo Boingo RBCD remasters with BONUS Tracks and BTW, their prices are on par with AmazonUS and I do believe include free domestic s/h.

https://www.rubellanremasters.com

Oingo Boingo / Dead Man's Party (RUBY28CD)

Oingo Boingo / Dead Man's Party (RUBY28CD)

Oingo Boingo / Good For Your Soul (RUBY23LP & RUBY27CD)

Oingo Boingo / Good For Your Soul (RUBY23LP & RUBY27CD)

Oingo Boingo / Nothing To Fear (RUBY22LP & RUBY26CD)

Oingo Boingo / Nothing To Fear (RUBY22LP & RUBY26CD)

Oingo Boingo / Only A Lad (RUBY20LP & RUBY25CD)

Oingo Boingo / Only A Lad (RUBY20LP & RUBY25CD)

Boston, an absolute KILLER album. I knew Quad wasn't long for this world when Epic never released it on SQ/Q8. My go-to copy is US SACD. One of my most played albums.

CD spins lately:
LP1 - FKA Twigs CD saw this on PBS Icon: Music Through the Lens series - needed to spin again

A Mediterranean Odyssey (Olive & Cedar [best of] and Istanbul to Athens) 2 CD - Loreena McKennitt

Aqualung CD 2 from Ultra super deluxe box w/LP

Illinois Speed Press (1st) 7" Columbia Reel (RIP Paul Cotton)

Food for Thought (Limited CD) - Santana w/family & friends Etta James, Buddy Guy & more

Live in Verona 2009 - Elton John 2 CD UK limited plus PC/Mac CD-rom w/photos from '09 tour

Zuckerzeit - Cluster German CD

Live at CMA Theater - Earls of Leicester (Flatt & Scruggs tribute) Jerry Douglas!

Perp, thanks for turning me on to the official Rubellan website. Just noticed that on August 27th, they're releasing these four Oingo Boingo RBCD remasters with BONUS Tracks and BTW, their prices are on par with AmazonUS and I do believe include free domestic s/h.
No free shipping offered but I don’t mind cause the product is worth it.

Woke up this morning.............................
Boston 16/44.1 CD, Stereo DR's are 7, 8's. For some reason I never purchased the DSD download of this. The CD sounds good.
View attachment 69715
knee jerk reaction postQ
One of my top albums ever...probably number one...
was a huge fan of the Half Speed Mastered one (a bit of wonky extra unintended HF EQ on that one) and then the SACD (the closest thing to a NEUTRAL transfer done by none other than good ole' Wally T) ...but then I got a double Wally early promo pressing which is incredible...I was quite disappointed by the Tom Scholz CD remaster which I found some strange mid EQ tweaking that spoiled it for me... but then I got the first Japanese LP pressing on this--still choosing my favorite...
A Sonic Jewel like this will sound incredible unless you REALLY work at screwing it up...
Funny what happens when you love your material and re-do it several times and in the end they let you finish it in the comfort of your own basement Studio Heaven...

This poster is my testament...never seen one of these!!!
Boston.jpg

Back