Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not quite sure why this one flew under the radar for y'all in 2012. Its a classic

(y) @cbmmm3
I like the Silhouette suite on this one.
Edison's Children – The Final Breath Before November

91IGbrAFocL._SL1500_.jpg

08568435-F9BE-440B-9501-F808E6B95979.jpeg

Coco Love Alcorn - Rebirth

Canadian indie artist’s most recent recording, her eighth, from 2019. This one is the most soulful in a career that goes back to 1995.
Very nice album, beautiful songs and she sounds great.
The production is organic and natural

38AE863C-5189-4A94-BF4F-24CD1ED3811A.jpeg

The Ann Wilson Thing! - #1

Four song EP, three of the songs covers including a bizarre but good version of For What It’s Worth and an Aretha Franklin song I’d never heard before, recorded live.
Sound is a bit off, too much bass and the vocals on the studio tracks quite pinched (especially track 4), so much so it has to be intentional. That last track sounds like it might be a demo sourced from a cassette

04616044-6817-4D6B-836C-407DA8C0AC39.jpeg

Harry Nilsson - Flash Harry

His last studio album, initially released in 1980 by Mercury in the UK only. Not released here until 2013 when Varese Sarabande issued it.
People talk about his voice being shot at this stage. Whatever, this is a great album as are the four bonus tracks.
The Steve Cropper production is excellent

B5697A8A-0082-47C7-8F9A-B3744AFB5018.jpeg

Spooky Tooth - The Island Years 1967 - 1974

This set was a total blind buy.
Though I’ve known of them since the mid 70’s, and as the group Gary Wright came from, didn’t know the music, at all.

E563FB4A-5EC2-4F0F-83CE-DC91B1E010E3.jpeg
Art - Supernatural Fairy Tales

The first disc in the set is by Art, a precursor to Spooky Tooth.
Very 1967, which isn’t a bad thing.
The drumming stands out to me.
Sound is pretty good for its age

C679C7D3-89E0-4A3D-A0B9-E2579197B30B.jpeg

Spooky Tooth - It’s All About

The second disc from the Island Years box set. A little less psychedelic, a very good debut.
Jimmy Miller’s production and Glyn John’s engineering result in an album that sounds good for the era.
Includes an albums worth of bonus tracks, primarily non album singles and b-sides.

Last edited:
Marianne Faithfull-Montreux Jazz. Never listened to her, but this disc was available as an MQA disc. I am listening now to this 14 track disc, different, I am open to her now and this live disc is quite good music, her voice is a little raspy, I didn't know.
Recordings are betweeen 1995 and 2009.
Stereo-16/44.1 MQA complete unfolds to 88.2 KHz. DR's are mostly 8's and 9's. Well recorded. Lots of covers.
R-20010622-1630058901-3084.jpeg.jpg

Have you heard the
Son Of Man
albums "Son Of Man" & "State Of Dystopia"?
Both excellent, George Jones (son of Micky Jones) fronts them, seen them twice really good live, very much like Man!
(y) @DuncanS
Very good rock & roll.
IMO -Better singing than Man & good lyrics.
While the songs were good I felt that they lacked the "Space Rock" 70's vibe of the original band.
:)

E0FA1E50-08F1-4936-8D35-D23B29A18016.jpeg

Spooky Tooth & Pierre Henry - Ceremony

I like this album despite Pierre Henry’s pointless noises.
I’d be fine with the electronic burblings if they fit the music, but they don’t.
Spooky’s music is good, kinda jammy in places: The vocals sound pinched but the instrumentation is OK if thin. The guitar work on Hosanna is great.

Good Thursday Morning People !

So today I'm jumping into the new release of ....

Chicago - Chicago at Carnegie Hall - Complete

1631794968199.png

First night - CD 1
I had to smile when the horns came in on the first music track - so nice! The CD has a nIce wide sound field. I keep having to turn it up more as I listen! They are jamming!

(y) @DuncanS
Very good rock & roll.
IMO -Better singing than Man & good lyrics.
While the songs were good I felt that they lacked the "Space Rock" 70's vibe of the original band.
:)
I only saw Man once in the mid-70s (I think I have most of the albums though!). Yes I'd agree the 70s feel isn't there, but if you get a chance to see Son Of Man live do, full of energy as per Man.

Deep Purple ‎– In Rock
Audio Fidelity gold CD
Mr. Hoffman's notes on mastering this CD:
"The Deep Purple In Rock album always sounded to me like it was recorded with the engineer turning everything up to 11.
Every other version I've ever heard sounds like someone tried to fix the sound using limiting and EQ (which is totally the wrong approach) rather than just accept it for what it is"

71RyvMY5VdL._SL1098_.jpg
MVIMG_20201206_121301.jpg

Back