Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0051.JPG
Spooky Tooth - The Mirror

Another very strong album, some really good songs here.
The funky "Woman and Gold" is among the standouts.
Eddie Kramer's involvement seems to have helped the sound and feel

IMG_0050.JPG
Spooky Tooth - Live in Oldenburg 1973

The last disc in The Island Years box set, previously unreleased from what I can tell.
Sounds decent for a live recording of that era.
Uses the cover from the US version of the Witness album

Good Monday Morning People !

Probably like others here, whenever I pick out music to play from my collection, I check my Discogs account to make sure that I've added it to my online collection. Today's selection surprised me because my CD cover didn't match any of the covers that came back from my search. When I slid out the liner notes from the jewel case, I remembered what had happened... I bought this CD in '85 in the long cardboard box they used to use in record store display racks. I was disappointed with the plain CD cover that came with this disc vs the colorful display box so I cut/cropped the box picture to size and used it for cover of the case with the real liner notes inserted behind it.

Jimmy Buffett / Songs You Know By Heart - Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hits

1632141889720.png 1632141914239.png 1632141932474.png

I like my front cover much nicer!

Hey, when I played the CD in my Oppo, the display picture is the complete picture I used with the title added to it! Very nice!

Livin' Inside Your Love - George Benson
Some fantastic musicians: Klugh, Foster, Dalto, Gadd, McDonald, Lee, Upchurch, Mainieri & Phillinganes.

Great jazz/pop, similar to Breezin. Wonderful arrangements of Love is a Hurtin' Thing, Hey Girl, Unchained Melody, Love Ballad, A Change is Gonna Come and Soulful Strut.

I like the CD's sound. I bought it on 2 LP's when it came out in '79. They're short LP sides, so the mastering is rather good. You NEED it!

IMG_0052.JPG
Fingerprintz - The Best of: Bullet Proof Heart

Compilation by this (nearly) forgotten UK band from the late 70's/early 80's.
Great power pop, nicely done by Rubellan Remasters

Good Thursday Morning People !
Starting today off with an oldie from my family/childhood....

The Anita Kerr Singers - All You Need Is Love

1632398603829.png
I started to compose my own description but then opted for this blurb from Singers.com website...

"In the 1950s and '60s, the Anita Kerr Singers were one of the most popular group of backup vocalists in all of country music, appearing on countless recordings by renowned Nashville artists. Kerr was the group's leader, but was joined by alto Dottie Dillard, tenor Gil Wright, and baritone Louis Nunley, as the quartet initially gained attention by performing on the NBC radio program Sunday Down South in the early '50s, which led to a contract with Decca Records. In 1956, the Anita Kerr Singers landed a spot on the New York-based Arthur Godfrey Talent Scouts TV show, which led to further broadcast appearances (although the group never let their session work for others subside). Around the same time, Chet Atkins (then the head of RCA Records' country division) took the group under his wing, which led to the quartet appearing on countless recordings by renowned artists. The Singers continued to record and tour straight through the '60s, even managing to issue several of their own albums, including Anita Kerr Singers Reflect on the Hits of Burt Bacharach & Hal David, Velvet Voices and Bold Brass, and Simon & Garfunkel Songbook, among others.

Directed by Anita Kerr.

Awards
1967 - Grammy Winners - Best Performance by a Vocal Group - Anita Kerr - A Man and a Woman
1966 - Grammy Winners - Best Performance by a Vocal Group - Anita Kerr - We Dig Mancini "​

Well that was fun. Their versions of Holiday, Never My Love, How Can I Be Sure, and The Look of Love are all just excellent!
I'm going to stay with them for one more album...

Anita Kerr With the Anita Kerr Singers - Favorites

1632403111825.png 1632403135353.png

Back