Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Wednesday Morning People !
Starting today off with...

The Complete Tony Bennett / Bill Evans Recordings

1633531379629.png 1633531412323.png

(y) Excellent @Hamilton59
which version?
I listened to the "2010 Harry Maslin Mix" from the "Who Can I Be Now?" box set. This box set has two CD versions of "Station To Station" in the set:
1633630613688.pngCD8: 'Station To Station' released on RCA APL1 1327 on 23 Jan 1976. Recorded at Cherokee Studios, Hollywood, between September and November, 1975.

1633630644234.pngCD9: 'Station To Station (2010 Harry Maslin Mix)' first released in 2010 on EMI BOWSTSD 2010 in 5.1 and in stereo at 48KHz/24bit on the DVD-Audio disc, 20 Sep 2010.

Unfortunately, the second is just a stereo CD and not the 5.1 mix....

I listened to the "2010 Harry Maslin Mix"
: 'Station To Station (2010 Harry Maslin Mix)' first released in 2010 on EMI BOWSTSD 2010 in 5.1 and in stereo at 48KHz/24bit on the DVD-Audio disc, 20 Sep 2010.
Unfortunately, the second is just a stereo CD and not the 5.1 mix....
Many people feel that the 5.1 mix was very poorly done.
Me included. :(

IMG_0062.JPG
Popeye Soundtrack

Disc 1 is an expanded version of the soundtrack released in 1980 on Boardwalk Records.
Disc 2 are Harry Nilsson's demos, basic but nicely recorded.
The second disc is why I bought this set and it doesn't disappoint.

The soundtrack does nothing for me, none of actors can sing to save their life.
But those Nilsson demos are good. Some studio chatter in between, cool stuff

I just received a distressing email from Rubellan Remasters that due to circumstances beyond their control, the future of their fantastic reissue business is somewhat in question. Their stock is low and shipping and handling to other countries, especially Australia, have been curtailed. Their requests to the majors to reissue some of their classic albums have gone unheeded and they are probably not going to order represses of their vinyl remasters.

A sad situation indeed considering their RBCD reissues are superb ... adding copious bonus tracks in state of the art sound [for CD, that is].

I just placed an order with them for their 4 latest Oingo Boingo CD reissues but did notice that other websites like Deep Discount/ImportCD list them as backorders and even Amazon is now selling them via third party vendors.

Oingo Boingo - 4CD Bundle

I suggest if you are a fan of Rubellan, order them ASAP or you may be forced to pay higher prices via ebay et alia.

https://www.rubellanremasters.com

Back