Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Van der Graaf Generator - The Charisma Years 1970-1978
(Discs 9 & 10 - Live at Maison de la Mutualite 1976)
[IMG]

Good Monday Morning People !
Starting off today with...

The Best of Three Dog Night
1633966446344.png 1633966539977.png

humm.. thumbnails aren't working properly for me this morning. It took two tries for the front cover and I quit trying after the 5th try on the back cover... EDIT... after posting the thumbnail finally appeared so I could use that picture....

anyway... Jeremiah was a bullfrog !....

IMG_0063.JPG
Paul McCartney - New

Deluxe edition, book style, with bonus tracks attached to the main album, a bonus disc with 7 tracks, and a DVD.
Really good album, some great songs with typical McCartney lyrics. Quirky production that suits the songs.
But with multiple producers the sound is erratic. Some tracks kinda crunchy and compressed, on others his bass sounds bloated. Almost a demo feel.
But, overall I liked this one a lot

This one came out Apr.28/21 according to the dates on the Obi.
¥1,100, I think I paid about $12 USD from ImportCDs. Got Pressure Drop too.
Never heard the album before so I have nothing to compare to.
Sound is good to me, but it could be old mastering for all I know.
According to the presale the rest are due Oct.1/21

The remaining 6 Robert Palmer's appeared early, September 22.
Were in stock at ImportCDs and Deep Discount briefly but have since vaporized without a trace.
I strongly suspect it's because they conflict with domestic releases on the Culture Factory label.
Sally and Pressure Drop still available (CC didn't release those two)

67715072-EC83-4184-94FC-F03E3A3FEE5F.jpeg
Ian Thomas - Glider

The 6th album, from 1979, by this severely underrated Canadian legend.
Best known in the US for writing “The Runner” (Manfred Mann) and “Hold On” (Santana) among others.
Great album as usual for Ian, impeccable production.
This release is on Rock Candy, not always known for great sound. This one is just OK.
Not great, not terrible.

F3734BA5-8CAF-4E37-AFB2-38A65AA54D6D.jpeg
Elvis Costello - Hey Clockface

Verbose as usual but unlike his last two or three albums he seems to have refrained from cramming too many words into the songs. They flow better, gives them room to breathe.
Production is weird on some songs. The ones recorded in Helsinki sound grittier with way too much bass, maybe the intention?
Regardless, his best album in quite awhile.

Good Wednesday Afternoon People!

So this morning, I picked out this CD to play, turned my system on and found out that Blue Origin was returning to Earth now. So I got caught up watching the landing and the passengers leaving the capsule. It took a while for Willaim Shatner to gather his thoughts and try to describe his unimagined reaction to flying out through the blue atmosphere and into the blackness of space. It had a profound effect on him that he hopes he'll never loose.... I found it quite touching.

So now onto The Lovin' Spoonful Greatest Hits....
1634148192318.png 1634148209858.png

Do you believe in magic?

I tried to switch threads to Now listening to in mono or stereo CD and QQ has quit responding! Oh nooooo....
So the sound quality of this CD is horrible....bummer.
Well I've checked back and I can get to QQ again, yay!

26B93A58-A0D3-4651-92F3-68344C8044CA.jpeg
Ian Thomas - The Runner

The follow up to Glider and though it sports three songs that became hits for others, the album doesn’t hold together as well, not enough songs grab me.
Sadly the sound is poor. Ian was meticulous in the studio so it’s not the recording.
I’ve read plenty of stories about how bad some Rock Candy Records releases sound.
This is definitely one of them.

lately:

Let it Be EP (CD 5)
Get Back/Apple Sessions (CD 2)
Lennon ('90 comp.) German 4 CD
Chuck Berry & More Chuck UK CD
In My Lifetime - Neil Diamond 3 CD
Aspects - Larry Coryell & the Eleventh House Japan CD
Black Orpheus movie soundtrack Jobim & Bonfa composed and directed music

Country Blues Bottleneck Guitar Classics 1926-37 Yazoo 1026
Robert Johnson, Barbecue Bob, Bukka White, Memphis Minnie & more

Memphis Jamboree 1927-36 Yazoo 1021
Gus Cannon, Memphis Minnie, Yank Rachel, Furry Lewis & more

Jackson Blues 1928-38 Yazoo 1007
Mississippi Sheiks, Bo Jackson, Tommy Johnson & more

Platinum Collection - Beach Boys UK 3 CD

https://www.discogs.com/release/410...-Platinum-Collection-Sounds-Of-Summer-Edition

Back