Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speaking of chainsaw, did I ever show you how my Amazon Let It Be / chainsaw parts shipment arrived ? Someone literally took the time to cut rectangles out of the cover of my new Let It Be album !!! Seems like they had nothing better to do ! Bastards ! Ive Got A Feeling heads are gonna roll when Im done with them

letitbenew.jpg

speaking of chainsaw, did I ever show you how my Amazon Let It Be / chainsaw parts shipment arrived ? Someone literally took the time to cut rectangles out of the cover of my new Let It Be album !!! Seems like they had nothing better to do ! Bastards ! Ive Got A Feeling heads are gonna roll when Im done with them

View attachment 72853

Very clever reasoning, Ricky but your explanation fails to MAKE THE CUT!

PFM I Dreamed Of Electric Sheep / Ho Sognato Pecore Elettriche
Man, this one starts off HOT, the first track is instrumental but it sets a tone. Heavy Dream Theater type riffs.
Tracks 2 3 4 5 are decent but tame compared to the opener.
6 and 7 get some groove and power back into them.
8 slows it back down but finishes strong.
9 is a wee instrumental and then it closes out with track 10 being another strong instrumental

Off to the Italian side next; I expect that I will enjoy it more because the vocals are traditionally stronger in their native language.
I can say that I wish they had gone into the studio with Yes and showed them how to plug in their instruments with The Quest; maybe remind Howe that the amps go to 11.

After listening to it I was not surprised to see Ian Anderson's flute on track 8, and a guest guitarist as well, although I did not recognize Hackett.

Last edited:
A Love Supreme Live In Seattle. John Coltrane

Pretty good for an amateur recording. Restored and mastered by Kevin Reeves. Can you say Loaded by the Velvet Underground?

continuing with the Atlantic Master series...... fantastic gold disc ! fantastic Pete !!

View attachment 72882

WHAT, NO NEW MQA DISCS, Ricky? I just ordered the Modern Jazz Quartet LAST CONCERT [2 MQA discs], a Martin Denny BEST Selection MQA disc, and Keith Jarrett's DEATH AND THE FLOWER [Impulse MQA~CD] the latter of which should include the original QS surround encoding as it was one of those single inventory QS Vinyl discs! They'll probably ship with the Santana 3 disc so I won't have them until the end of next month!

Ralphie...man does not live on MQA alone !!! So much good music out there...BUT ....this one was listened to earlier today and I think I may have shant my panties it was so dang good !!

View attachment 72883

Great album, Ricky which I have on Stereo SHM~SACD. BTW, are you leading a DOUBLE LIFE we don't know about?

BTW, also have that McCoy Tyner disc on a Analogue Production Stereo SACD .... CLASSIC!

Don't know if you noticed this upcoming MoFi Stereo SACD which will be released in March 2022 [I posted it originally in the SACD listening section]:

Eldorado: A Symphony By The Electric Light Orchestra

https://www.importcds.com/eldorado-a-symphony-by-the-electric-light-orchestra/821797221368

think Ive had this one on order since 2020 !! Going back to my post on the BSD2 CD - a new comment ----Holy Shit !!!! Is this issue freaking good !!! They have REALLY opened up the sound and the detail ! Buy this. Trust me on this -------------

think Ive had this one on order since 2020 !! Going back to my post on the BSD2 CD - a new comment ----Holy Shit !!!! Is this issue freaking good !!! They have REALLY opened up the sound and the detail ! Buy this. Trust me on this -------------

I have a 2 disc Greatest Hits ELO compilation on Blu Spec 2 CD and it sounds fantastic. Really wish they'd remix the entire ELO catalog in surround. What's the HOLD UP?

E4DE5C4A-CE52-496A-94D7-A948415BB2EC.jpeg

Elvis Costello - The Return of the Spectacular Spinning Songbook

This version includes the DVD (to be commented on elsewhere) though apparently some of the songs are different performances from CD to DVD.
I’ve read stories about the bad sound quality.
It’s not perfect (yes, the bass is boomy) but those reviews are overblown IMO.
Really enjoyed this (and I’m not typically a live album fan)

Last edited:
Back