Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green On Red - Here Come the Snakes (2CD edition)
green-on-red-here-come-the-snakes-deluxe-2cd-edition-Cover-Art.jpg

Awesome, I always thought they where brother and sister:D I would get the three discs individually, the cardboard very thin slipcase is no big deal.
Took me a while, but I finally got Missing Persons Spring Session M on Rubellan. Holy crap, this remaster sounds fantastic! Terry Bozzio’s drums sound incredible and everything else is crystal clear and punchy. Very crankable!

Important
It seems that Scott Davies the guy behind Rubellan is experiencing trouble getting Universal to respond to his inquiries/requests for releases to remaster, so he’s not been able to quit his day job and is considering having to eventually fold Rubellan. I also purchased the first two Oingo Boingo Rubellan remasters and they too sound fantastic, so I don’t think you’ll go wrong with any of the Rubellan titles. So please order as many of them as you can afford and hopefully we can keep Scott and Rubellan cranking out great remasters!

Focus, “Eruption” from Focus II (Moving Waves)

22-minutes of sonic bliss from Wouter Bessels’ amazing remasters (Wouter is the archivist of Focus and Jan Akkerman). Included in the 50 years anthology set.

Prog-rock at its classical finest. Great composition. Powerful bass, guitar, organ, and drums.

Fond memories of my college years, but sounds so much better now, even with my 65-year old ears ;-)
View attachment 75167
Focus were an impressive and unique band indeed. Wouter did an amazing job curating the Focus ‘50 Years Anthology 1970-1976’ boxset. Besides capturing Focus’ first 7 albums beautifully remastered on 7 CDs, there are also 2 additional CDs containing some pretty incredible live material and 2 jam packed DVDs capturing a ton (almost 5 hours worth) of impressive live TV and concert appearances. All the CDs are loaded with good extras. Most amazing thing? It can be had for under $50. Easily the best bargain out there! Highly highly recommended!

View attachment 75286
Golden Earring - Moontan

The excellent 2 disc set from Red Bullet Records.
Great sound and great music. Glad I waited all these years to get the right version of this album.
Another great Red Bullet release produced by Wouter Bessells (see Focus 50 above) and I agree: Moontan has never sounded better.

Wilhelm Backhaus BEETHOVEN, The Piano Sonatas 19, 20, 22, 24, 25 & 27 [Decca/UHQ MQA~CD]. One of 18 Japanese pressed UHQ MQA~CDs purchased from Deep Discount for $9.56 each, delivered price. All have that Green Ink overlay with obi strips and ALL SOUND SUPERB. Released 11/18/20!

David Oistrakh [violin] Lev Oborin [piano] BEETHOVEN VIOLIN SONATAS For PIANO AND VIOLIN, Volume I [DECCA/2 UHQ MQA encoded Stereo CDs] Historic performances in 24 bit technology. Released 11/18/20.

Very cool @doppelbock, feels like a Prog. Psychedelic version of Loreena McKennitt- tell me more!
Where did you get the CD from?
I’d bet running this through a Surround Master would really fill the room :giggle:

I got her latest CD from Amazon...less than $10. I stumbled onto her music several years back when her 2nd album "Ceremony" came out...may have been a review at The Quietus or something that made me check it out. Pretty powerful voice.

Back