Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little River Band

littleriverband.jpg

I wanted this for HDCD playback and to satisfy my completist complex - to have my full Foghat library in mini LP CD ( still lacking Stone Blue....hrumph ...)
Uh oh! I feel my Visa card twitching!

careful.........this series is ripe with counterfeits. shop carefully
... and crappy remastering. I learned that from my purchase of a McDonald and Giles European HDCD I paid a premium for. Not only does it sound like they stepped on it too hard with aggressive noise reduction, there's a change in the lyrics in the first tune I didn't know about, but is documented if you search it out. I had to back it up and listen to that part a couple of times to be sure I wasn't hearing muffled vocals. The old CD with no bar code on the back and magenta text, original lyrics, and "Made in Japan" is far superior, IMO. Just like the original record.
HDCD is a small part of the total and has the potential to maybe sound better, pseudo 20 bit vs 16 bit, the rest is the job they do on remastering.

Oh, and much thanks for the warning. I didn't know they were vulnerable to counterfeiting.

Last edited:
Live at CMA Theater - Earls of Leicester feat. Jerry Douglas (Flatt & Scruggs tribute band)
bonus tracks & live CD from Sardonicus 2 CD
Cold & Bouncy - High Llamas
Electric Church - Buddy Miles UK CD produced by Jimi Hendrix
Hey! I've got some Jerry Douglas! Great album. Got some good ones there.

Old pic with my deceased Denon playing it.
douglas-channels.jpg

"And now... for something completely different..."

Mantovani - Collector's Volume 1

Had to have this for "The Valiant Years" theme. Had that on a 45 when I was kid. Watched the TV show with my father.
mantovanivol1.jpg

Back