Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Moody Blues A Question Of Balance (W.Germany)
7RuXZ7x.jpg

The Moody Blues A Question Of Balance (W.Germany)
7RuXZ7x.jpg
I have all the hybrid SACD releases of their seven core albums, but the stereo mastering on both the CD and SACD layers (sounds identical) leaves a lot to be desired. Heavily compressed/limited with some fairly heavy clipping distortion at times. The only early Moodies CD release I've heard is of the '72/'78 remix of Days of Future Passed, which I think sounds excellent and is one of my reference discs. What are the best-sounding digital releases for the rest?

CAB09654-02BC-4870-88A6-3FDCAD383532.jpeg

Ann Wilson - Immortal

Hesitated buying this. Didn’t think much of her first album and the two EPs were weird, plus I don’t like covers albums.
But this is different: A tribute album to fallen comrades (Bowie, Petty, Winehouse, Frey among others).
Interesting renditions of every track with decent sound.
Really good record.

I have all the hybrid SACD releases of their seven core albums, but the stereo mastering on both the CD and SACD layers (sounds identical) leaves a lot to be desired. Heavily compressed/limited with some fairly heavy clipping distortion at times. The only early Moodies CD release I've heard is of the '72/'78 remix of Days of Future Passed, which I think sounds excellent and is one of my reference discs. What are the best-sounding digital releases for the rest?
I've never compared. Always liked the early CD, A Question Of Balance is one of my favourite albums of all time, played a lot.

Friday morning easy listening: Cat Stevens Greatest Hits
CXnaLJM.jpg

Back