Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Bowie Hunky Dory
Rykodisc edition
Is there life on Mars? If so Bowie is there now.
Jeffie, just watched Bowie's BD~V MOONAGE DAYDREAMS the other night. The entire 135 minute flick was narrated in Bowie's own voice ...his thoughts, his insecurities, his love of life and sadly, the loss of his half brother, Terry, who heavily influenced him, to schizophrenia at age 16!

Bowie's somewhere over that transient 🌈....way up high ...... but his music, stage persona and many movie roles will live on FOREVER

Last edited:
1670199330939.jpeg

0EACD858-7090-4157-9476-8253C53E7691.jpeg

Isley Jasper Isley -
Broadway’s Closer To Sunset Blvd

Really polished, not much edge, lots of fake drums. Ernie Isley solos on only 3 of the 8 tracks. Thankfully he lets loose a bit on the bonus track (the extended mix of Kiss and Tell).
Having said that, it’s still a decent album with typically good sound from Iconoclassic.

Are you splurging?

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Rare Earth.
Once I get my new rig operational next week which will include an outboard Meridian mfg. MQA decoder and my Reference Meridian 808 CD player, I will be buying up more MQA~Cds. With a weaker Yen, the time is right! The YES titles I do have in SURROUND I will NOT be duplicating.

Just purchased 3 George Harrison MQA titles and I am thrilled by the sonics ... even without full MQA decoding! And ditto for the few J. Geils Band MQA titles I recently acquired.

Back