Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get it if you really want . . . and i want it through the SM v.2! Helps me cross those many rivers! Great compilation!
1675527812830.png
Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

F6DB726B-1EF2-4889-86CD-E102AE67A76C.jpeg

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

There were posts from someone “in the know” (here or at SHF, can’t recall) claiming this recent pressing restored Steven Wilson’s stereo mix, minus Peter Mew’s handiwork.
When I listen to this in 24/96 LPCM stereo I’m not so sure that’s true
Still sounds kinda bright and compressed to me. Don’t think I needed to drop $30CDN to buy it again but such is life.
Good album though.

I seem to find myself listening to a lot of Dylan the last couple weeks catching up on my The Bootleg Series. THIS LINK you can see all of them. Note there are many different versions per each one, some big boxes and some stripped to two CD's.
The last in the series is Vol 17-Fragments-Time Out Of Mind Sessions.
Currently I am listening to Vol 10 Another Self Portrait.
I have heard they have college classes on Bob Dylan, yes, a person would certainly need one.
R-4873757-1379234157-6518.jpg

My daughter digs Laura Nyro. I picked up this release for her last April during Record Store Day. I was listening to it whilst waiting in line and fell in love with it, so i bought it on CD. Enjoying it this mo(u)rning. Nyro is in great form! Blue lights optional. おはよう (that's "good morning!")
1675616979135.png
Laura Nyro - Trees Of The Ages: Laura Nyro Live In Japan

View attachment 88240

There were posts from someone “in the know” (here or at SHF, can’t recall) claiming this recent pressing restored Steven Wilson’s stereo mix, minus Peter Mew’s handiwork.
Still sounds kinda bright and compressed to me. Don’t think I needed to drop $30CDN to buy it again but such is life.
Good album though.
It was swapped out at the last moment (when I was involved). Hope they didn't print early editions. For stereo I still reach for the MFSL CD.

View attachment 88240

Good album though.
Geez, that is a huge bummer, if true. I have the HDTracks download, which is the Steven Wilson mastered version, but dang. I'm more of a physical media guy.

Such a powerful voice. I actually never heard anything by Etta James until someone at SiriusXM added "At Last" to the playlist on The Blend channel. Wow. And unlike some of the early Motown recordings, she doesn't sound like she's singing through a sock. Fabulous remastering. This CD sounded excellent through both the SM and my Sansui synthesizer. (Although it was mostly just removing the vocals from the rear.)
PXL_20230206_134703256.jpg

Samara Joy LINGER AWHILE [VERVE Records/Stereo RBCD/Pressed in Germany]. Believe all the hype. Samara Joy a 22 year old songstress from the Bronx, New York won a Grammy for BEST NEW ARTIST at last night's Grammy Awards. Shades of Ella, Sarah and Dinah resonate throughout this 10 track disc. JOY to the world of Jazz!

R.f5b38ca00550d76f2b9f8d8fbabbbf99

Last edited:
B279F0EC-3E35-49DE-9E0A-2B99A9230074.jpeg

Be-Bop Deluxe ~ Sunburst Finish

Great album!
The 4 disc deluxe set with both the original and remix in 24/96 LPCM. The two sound quite similar.
Excellent bonus tracks and packaging too highlighting a truly classic album cover.

Need to take a shot at Esoteric though
The DVD is faulty, the 2.0 remix gets stuck on tracks 6 & 7, then struggles to play the tracks after. (The original mix is fine). This happens too often with them, poor quality control.

Last edited:
Back