Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Led Zeppelin 2014
WgxsmgL.jpg

BD62F5C9-C743-4EB1-8406-95A05C629709.jpeg

Tom Jones - Sings She’s A Lady

Yet another enjoyable album, good mixture of rock and ballads. Too bad the title track (great song) sounds weak relative to the rest. Mixed for AM radio?
And who approved that cover, looks like a cheap Camden or Pickwick comp LOL

549A17AC-9170-485F-B2AB-22ADC2564144.jpeg

Tom Jones - The Body and Soul of

Really enjoying his mid 70’s turn away from the big orchestrated ballads. The albums have a groove that propels them along fast, really nice listening.
This one sees a shift to a few country tracks.

Last edited:
Cricklewood Green my second favorite TYA, 50,000 Miles Beneath My Brain, Sugar The Road, Love Like A Man, KILLER ALBUM.
All this before A Space IN Time.
EDIT: While listening now, a little historical note, during the recording of Track 2 Working On The Road, about a minute in there is a slow down for a second. That was not intentional, someone bumped or leaned into the tape machine and literally slowed the tape, they decided to leave it in.
R-4115366-1387143113-8222.jpg

Last edited:
If interested a preorder available for Wolfgang Van Halen sophomore CD is coming out in August, his first was killer. His first he played and sung all.
View attachment 89882
I streamed the first album a number of times. I really enjoyed it. Watched the video for this new one earlier today and enjoyed it, too.

7E95A4E5-128A-436D-801B-40F51AB68638.jpeg

Tom Jones -
Memories Don’t Leave Like People Do

His last Decca album, produced by Johnny Bristol so it’s for the most part a mid 70’s soul album. Fairly strong album though the material deteriorates towards the end.
No comment on the cover, I’ve beaten that subject to death.

Last edited:
63E01177-ACDE-4A83-A8A7-7D2AFE4B1C4D.jpeg

Tom Jones -
Hide & Seek : The Lost Collection

Completing this highly enjoyable box set with a 2 disc comp of singles, b-sides and other non album tracks. Only knew one song (Pussycat) but tons of great tracks here.

Back