Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael Franks ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES [Warner/Rhino/5 RBCDs in slipcase] Downright INTOXICATING!

R.22c9d900c24a2fdcef7a3d62eaa3fe1f
I had no idea! I need this. Thank you

IMG_1769.jpeg

Lake Street Dive - Lake Street Dive

Had never heard of this band until I read an article about their lead singer in Stereophile. Some digging showed they’re quite popular so I grabbed a couple of CDs, blind buy.
Nothing wrong with this album but my immediate thoughts were “innocuous” and “bland”. Not panning it, but not recommending it either.

Essential - Very Best of Airto Moreira UK CD 70's-90's comp - tracks from 5 labels

https://www.discogs.com/release/996713-Airto-Moreira-Essential-The-Very-Best-Of-Airto-Moreira
Hi Linda. I live sort of in the sticks, but we have all those modern conveniences like a Dollar General store. lol.
I was there one day checking out and there was a new lady working, moved up from down Miami way.
We got to talking about music and she said what sort do you have? I mentioned several and for some reason mentioned Airto and she freaked out.

"You really know who that is? That's one of my favorite performers!" I replied that my music collection just in surround was quite large, and then there's that whole internet thing.

Just never know!

Hi Linda...
here was a new lady working, moved up from down Miami way.
We got to talking about music and she said what sort do you have? I mentioned several and for some reason mentioned Airto and she freaked out.

"You really know who that is? That's one of my favorite performers!" I replied that my music collection just in surround was quite large, and then there's that whole internet thing...

Great story!

I have every release of Airto and his wife Flora Purim that I could find. Of course, I mean titles credited to either or both of them. And many guest appearances, too. Bought all their Quads on Q8, vinyl, CD and SACD. They're featured on Santana Lotus & Borboletta, and Corea/RTF. Airto was also an original member of Weather Report, as well as Miles' Live-Evil band. Be sure to check their 90's band Fourth World:

Fourth World

About 40 years ago, I spent some time with Airto. It was through the kindness of Slingerland drums. The few hours we spent together was replete with tips on technique. His advice for playing multiple percussion instruments at once. He had some great stories about other "moosicians" in his inimitable way.

Thought to bring a few LP's for him to sign. He graciously signed a couple. Would not sign a 2 LP Buddah release, confiding that he didn't receive a penny for that two-fer. I respect him for that. No one should be gypped out of compensation for their hard work. He's not a wealthy guy, just a working "moosician." I had bought them individually on LP, and later on CD.

Around that time, I got a pre-release LP of Dafos, courtesy of Reference Recordings. It is credited to Airto & Mickey Hart. Re-bought an expanded CD a couple years later.

Some great music and memories. A great talent and a wonderful guy!

So this is what the singles scene is like in Florida Boondocks. Dollar stores are for hooking up....
That Airto is sure handy....:whistle:
If you’re a single male American retiree with a pulse you can hook up anywhere. My late uncle spent the last decade of his life as a widower in Charleston, South Carolina. At age 89 he had a walking cane, hearing aids and coke bottle glasses. At his funeral his pastor said that he had to beat the women off with a stick. And that was just the women at church. I can only imagine what his social life would have been like if he had lived in The Villages in Florida. I hear that they prescribe a lot of penicillin in that community.

Back