Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. John THE MONTREUX YEARS [BMG Management/MQA encoded Stereo CD] Astounding recording and a rollicking good time. If you have any LOVE for Dr. John this album earns my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. It's THAT GREAT!

81W7kM3ohVL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Dr. John THE MONTREUX YEARS [BMG Management/Stereo RBCD] Astounding recording and a rollicking good time. If you have any LOVE for Dr. John this album earns my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. It's THAT GREAT!

81W7kM3ohVL._SL1500_.jpg
My copy arrived yesterday Ralphie. Listening to this stereo MQA disc now, unfolded of course. Best album cover of the MQA Montreaux Series so far.

Are these playlists okay here? This is how I consume; if not a good fit I’ll go elsewhere or cease.

#2 Random iPad Evening Pool Playlist Was Curated Telepathically:

Sparks - Piss Off
Jan Hammer Group - Don’t You Know
Catherine Wheel - Broken Head
Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin -Telstar
Area Code 615 - Sausalito
Wondermints- Carnival Of Souls
Anders Osborne - I’ve Got A Woman
Al Di Meola - Notorious
The Cure - Just Like Heaven (live)
Wishbone Ash - Number The Brave
Joe Satriani - Ice Nine (live)
Wondermints - Proto-Pretty
Suzanne Vega - 99.9F
Brand X - Don’t Make Waves
Sparks - Get In The Swing
Metallica - No Leaf Clover (S&M live)
Shawn Colvin - Diamonds In the Rough (54th)

Last edited:
Thanks for asking, Tim.

Playlists work here, so long as most or all of the sources are CD.

Lists w/all downloads, vinyl or streams should be listed in their respective threads/forums. It helps those of us who are debating about a (re)purchase, or have just added capabilities for that format. It also frees up mods to discuss why we're all here: fun w/music, especially Quad.

some of my CD spins:
Blood Harmony - Larkin Poe
Rhythm of the Saints - Paul Simon expanded
You're the One bonus tracks only
Deep End - Susanna Hoffs
Standards v1 - Keith Jarrett German CD

Thanks for asking, Tim.
Playlists work here, so long as most or all of the sources are CD.

While all started as CDs, this is thru iTunes as librarian. I respect this thread is about CDs played front to back so I will abstain with these lists. I really like the surprise element so this is a different animal altogether.

On a different note, these CDs were 'go to disc of the summer' for me in past years:
The Amazing - Gentle Stream​
The Aristocrats - Culture Clash​
Beck - Morning Phase​
Wayne Krantz - 2 Drink Minimum​
Opeth - Pale communion​

Tim, it doesn't need to be CD's "front-to-back." If it's a play list that is mostly CD's, put the play list here. It does belong.

A single song, or multiple selections from a CD or set belong, too. If I listen to selections from a box set, I'll denote selections or individual CD(s), whichever it is.

Sure, it's knit-picky, but it eliminates embarrassing questions like "which CD version are you listening to?" 🎶 none?

It's the honor system. I'll buy a new copy IF it sounds better.

While all started as CDs, this is thru iTunes as librarian. I respect this thread is about CDs played front to back so I will abstain with these lists. I really like the surprise element so this is a different animal altogether.

On a different note, these CDs were 'go to disc of the summer' for me in past years:
The Amazing - Gentle Stream​
The Aristocrats - Culture Clash
Beck - Morning Phase​
Wayne Krantz - 2 Drink Minimum​
Opeth - Pale communion​
Going with my two brothers to see the Aristocrats next Thursday at the Fleece in Bristol!

Back