Listening Room in LA Area?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinsignal

QQ Supporter
Hi there - I spend quite a bit of time promoting the virtues of ATMOS to indie artists, many of which have had no exposure to surround formats at all. Letting artists listen back to my mixes is no problem here in Austin, but it's a big challenge elsewhere. Many times all the artist can evaluate are headphone mixes, which is complicated as it is, but they have no way to listen in any kind of ATMOS-enabled multi-speaker environment. Lately I seem to be getting more traction with LA artists - and I'm wondering if anyone on this forum might know if a listening room exists in LA where artists could hear their material? The obvious choice would be an ATMOS-rigged recording studio, but all the searching I've done has yielded nothing that would cost south of $1000 a day...which is way too rich for these artists. And I get it - I don't take hourly work at my place either. Any ideas?

Hi there - I spend quite a bit of time promoting the virtues of ATMOS to indie artists, many of which have had no exposure to surround formats at all. Letting artists listen back to my mixes is no problem here in Austin, but it's a big challenge elsewhere. Many times all the artist can evaluate are headphone mixes, which is complicated as it is, but they have no way to listen in any kind of ATMOS-enabled multi-speaker environment. Lately I seem to be getting more traction with LA artists - and I'm wondering if anyone on this forum might know if a listening room exists in LA where artists could hear their material? The obvious choice would be an ATMOS-rigged recording studio, but all the searching I've done has yielded nothing that would cost south of $1000 a day...which is way too rich for these artists. And I get it - I don't take hourly work at my place either. Any ideas?
You might try getting hold of the folks at "Envelop" in this post that @gene_stl started the other day. They're based in the Bay Area, but they seem to be eager to help folks set up surround listening spaces in other cities and towns.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-opportunity-for-all-of-us.33761/#post-676360

Back