Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I see there are many pages here, and so far have not found part of this thread that answers this question, but please forgive me if it's been done and said before.

I am new to Tidal, signed up for their HiFi which means you can listen to Dolby Atmos if the song or album is in Atmos. Have an old Windows 10 laptop running newest software and downloaded the Atmos for home theatre app from Microsoft store. New Denon AVR is set to auto for source, stereo vs. etc. Tested HDMI setup on laptop for multichannel and Dolby and all test tones work fine. Denon reads Dolby Atmos laptop. After downloading Microsoft Atmos app for Windows, tested it out using the samples they show on their page and they sound great! When I start Tidal and open any Master album, like Beatles Revolver 2022, Tidal only sends out a stereo signal to my AVR, even though everything seems to be set correctly. I checked the output on Tidal page for album and it says my Denon AVR. I don't understand??? Anyone can help?

So I see there are many pages here, and so far have not found part of this thread that answers this question, but please forgive me if it's been done and said before.

I am new to Tidal, signed up for their HiFi which means you can listen to Dolby Atmos if the song or album is in Atmos. Have an old Windows 10 laptop running newest software and downloaded the Atmos for home theatre app from Microsoft store. New Denon AVR is set to auto for source, stereo vs. etc. Tested HDMI setup on laptop for multichannel and Dolby and all test tones work fine. Denon reads Dolby Atmos laptop. After downloading Microsoft Atmos app for Windows, tested it out using the samples they show on their page and they sound great! When I start Tidal and open any Master album, like Beatles Revolver 2022, Tidal only sends out a stereo signal to my AVR, even though everything seems to be set correctly. I checked the output on Tidal page for album and it says my Denon AVR. I don't understand??? Anyone can help?
AFAIK there is not a way to use a computer in the chain of equipment when using Tidal or AM. Must stream Tidal via:
  • Apple TV 4K (running tvOS 13 or later)
  • Fire TV (Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Gen 3 2017, Fire TV Cube 1st Gen or 2nd Gen)
  • Nvidia Shield TV and Shield TV Pro (2019 and newer models)

Wow, ok, thx! So I have a 5 TV's with newest gen firesticks. The article you sent says something about connecting an echo, which I don't have. Do you need an echo to use your firestick to listen to tidal? I've looked through the firestick s

Thx!

The best and quick way, as I have setup, Is to connect a Fire TV stick to a HDMI AVR input. Then you need the hdmi Output from the AVR to a TV /projector to have a Display to manage video/audio/Atmos from Tidal App Fire TV.

Then look for Atmos releases using the Mobile Tidal APP, the best you can, browsing albums. (you find the Atmos logo only with the mobile App). Mark them as "favorites" "My Music". Then enter TIDAL FireTV and look for your "My Music".

Searches in TIDAL App Fire TV does not show the Atmos logo still, I think.

EDITED: Yes, you can search albums and see Atmos logo from TIDAL Fire TV App, but it's a bit more tedious

Last edited:
Back