Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the confirmation.
About a three-click quick adjustment for me on my trusty old $100 used 7.1 AVR:

1679065037011.jpeg

How do they compare? I use Apple Music so not sure if the new version is up.
It appears that the intro on the "new" mix is more faithful to the soundtrack version of the song as I remember it. On the original Atmos mix, the intro always sounded unfamiliar to me. I haven't yet compared the immersive qualities of both versions.

How do they compare? I use Apple Music so not sure if the new version is up.
They're pretty different mixes. On my system, the vocals on the new mix are more prominent but it seems less discreet while still being immersive. I like aspects of both mixes but on first listen I kind of like the old one better.

Here are 5.1 waveform comparisons of the old and new Atmos mixes of "Stayin' Alive":
View attachment 89753
View attachment 89754

On the new mix, there are essentially no vocals present.
ohh.. i'm kinda conflicted! 😫 the new Atmos mix is much closer to the original Stereo in terms of balance, feel, etc.., its much more propulsively authentically disco, with drums and other percussive stuff brought much more to the fore than the old Atmos mix.. but i quite like the extra strings and other little elements in that older Atmos mix. hmm 🤔 in the words of the Bee Gees; "ahh!! somebody help me! ahhhh!!!! i'm stayin' verklemmmmmmpppttt!!! ahhhh!!!" 😫🕺🏻😂🪩😅🫠

File this one under “No holds barred Atmos panning effects’:

Most tracks gave me the mental image of the mixer waving his arms in the air like a DJ.

Loved the euphoric club vibe this track evoked:

The closest sensation my theatre room has had to being on a sweaty dance floor tor my lazy, mid-aged ass.
Yep, its a foot tapper thats for sure, talking of lets get jiggy with it...try this one

Like me some Moodymann

Last edited:
Thank goodness that I didn't have to spend any money on this. On all the tracks I've sampled so far, all of the energy is gone.

Curses, LennonCobain. I read your comment here before I had heard anything... and already purchased the 4CD set from overseas (mainly because the U2 is a collection). And now I hear it... it's OK but... yes... :-/

Thank goodness that I didn't have to spend any money on this. On all the tracks I've sampled so far, all of the energy is gone.
The one song/video I sampled a week or so ago, Sunday Bloody Sunday, was beyond terrible. At least my expectations are low. Haha.

Back