Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For instance, throughout "Sara" there were these cool acoustic guitar (or maybe mandolin?) parts popping up in the rear channels that are pretty buried in the Atmos mix.
If I try to boost the rears a bit on Sara (ATMOS), then the kick drum becomes overbearing...

.... There's also something weird going on with Stevie's vocal in that track, I found it has this odd 'transistor radio'-like midrange-y quality on my system.
With respect to Stevie's vocal in Sara, compared to the DVD 5.1, I find that the vocal is too much isolated in the Center channel (or frontal image), and it is more muted by the rest of music.

Instead, in the 5.1 DVD the Stevie's vocal are spread all around the channels giving a more bubble immersion of her voice, more predominant, that makes listen better her style of "broken" voice.

A whole bunch of Mariss Jansons/Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Live titles showed up--maybe in conjunction with the Apple Music Classical rollout? Room-filling. Here's an example:
My impression is that most (but not all) of these are 5.1-ish? At least I'm not seeing anything in the heights for this one. Still nice. I am a fan of the RCO Live series.

George Michael x 5 Atmos now on Tidal:

Title -- Tidal ID
Older 233817725
Faith 233817844
Listen Without Prejudice 233806998
Symphonica 233822956
Songs from the Last Century 233817908
I know this is an older post, but was wondering if you had the tidal ID for Patience in atmos? I can't seem to find it.

Only checked out the first track so far, but digging the psych-rock vibe and there seem to be a lot of guitars mixed primarily to the side speakers.
Apparently I’m still coming around to this one in a big way!

Caught these guys (mostly gals) on Saturday Night Live and didn’t recognize the music (LOL) but I knew I really dug the music which is unusual for me on this style of music; ‘til they showed the album cover remembering it from here. Of course the audio is always messed up for me on SNL for some reason, so after the show, went on over to Apple and listened to more- really good mix also!

So (y) (y) for Lil Yachty - might be considered one of my favs so far this year as unlikely as that is.

Back