Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A really cool electronic piece, mixed by QQ's own @austinsignal.
*Awesome! I want it all.
*"My Baby Just Cares for Me'', the best version of this song, is on this album. In 5.1 her vocals seem to float into the room at about 10-11 o'clock position -a little weird.

Are You Alive? -Orbital
Great, & no surprise!

I Could Be Your Dog...
Aurelia & Mosseri
*Sweet stuff!

Mama's Gun
Erykah Badu
*Love it!

Panopticom (In-Side Mix)
PG
*It's PG!

And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow

Weyes Blood
*Superb!

Always good to see more of her. That's a weird mix, though: piano and rhythm section in pretty much every channel, to one degree or another--and then vocals isolated in left front.
Yeah, what's up with that. I've got the SACD, but still need to hear it; I believe vox are mixed left on that (stereo.) This one may be an up-mix.

This one may be an up-mix.
As opposed to what, for instance? :unsure:
Recorded in one 13-hour session in 1957 at Beltone, NYC.
No multi-tracking.

It's absolutely delightful to get this alternate Atmos mix.

...Simone 'went to New York and recorded thirteen songs backed by bassist Jimmy Bond and drummer Tootie Heath...
The selections were essentially the songs she played as her set at the time but, given the time restraints of a studio recording, without her extended improvisations'... the session lasted 13 hours...

What Happened, Miss Simone?
This is revealing:

At the time of the recording session, Simone was in her mid-20s and still aspiring to be a classical concert pianist, so she immediately sold the rights for the album to Bethlehem for $3,000..
The deal would eventually cost her royalty profits of more than a million dollars...

1675609550134.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Girl_Blue_(album)

Wow, 83-year-old Ian Hunter does a lockdown album with a guest list for the ages.

https://ianhunter.com/main/
“Everybody’s sitting around,” says Hunter. “It’s Covid. Nobody’s going anywhere. We started sending them out. Slash started doing something. Robert Trujillo from Metallica. Ringo Starr, Mike Campbell. Joe Elliott is on a few tracks. Johnny Depp said ‘Jeff Beck’s with me and we’d like to do a couple of songs.’ I know Todd Rundgren, I toured with Todd way back, he’s done an amazing job. Billy Gibbons. Billy Bob Thornton and JD Andrew from The Boxmasters. It’s never ending. I mean, every day we’d get a phone call, this guy wants to do it, that guy wants to do it. It was like, I can’t believe this.”

Easily among the most star-studded original albums ever recorded, DEFIANCE PART 1 sees Hunter joined by the late, great Jeff Beck, Johnny Depp, Joe Elliott (Def Leppard), Billy F Gibbons (ZZ Top), Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses), Todd Rundgren, Slash (Guns N’ Roses), Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Robert Trujillo (Metallica), Waddy Wachtel (Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards), Brad Whitford (Aerosmith), Dane Clark (John Mellencamp), Billy Bob Thornton & J.D. Andrew (The Boxmasters) and Dean DeLeo, Robert De Leo & Eric Kretz (Stone Temple Pilots). DEFIANCE PART 1 is heralded by today’s premiere of the nostalgic first single,

Bed Of Roses,” featuring guitarist Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac) and drums by Ringo Starr, available today at all DSPs and streaming services.

Wow, 83-year-old Ian Hunter does a lockdown album with a guest list for the ages.

https://ianhunter.com/main/
“Everybody’s sitting around,” says Hunter. “It’s Covid. Nobody’s going anywhere. We started sending them out. Slash started doing something. Robert Trujillo from Metallica. Ringo Starr, Mike Campbell. Joe Elliott is on a few tracks. Johnny Depp said ‘Jeff Beck’s with me and we’d like to do a couple of songs.’ I know Todd Rundgren, I toured with Todd way back, he’s done an amazing job. Billy Gibbons. Billy Bob Thornton and JD Andrew from The Boxmasters. It’s never ending. I mean, every day we’d get a phone call, this guy wants to do it, that guy wants to do it. It was like, I can’t believe this.”

Easily among the most star-studded original albums ever recorded, DEFIANCE PART 1 sees Hunter joined by the late, great Jeff Beck, Johnny Depp, Joe Elliott (Def Leppard), Billy F Gibbons (ZZ Top), Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses), Todd Rundgren, Slash (Guns N’ Roses), Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Robert Trujillo (Metallica), Waddy Wachtel (Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards), Brad Whitford (Aerosmith), Dane Clark (John Mellencamp), Billy Bob Thornton & J.D. Andrew (The Boxmasters) and Dean DeLeo, Robert De Leo & Eric Kretz (Stone Temple Pilots). DEFIANCE PART 1 is heralded by today’s premiere of the nostalgic first single,

Bed Of Roses,” featuring guitarist Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac) and drums by Ringo Starr, available today at all DSPs and streaming services.

This is very good music with a very good mix to me. :cool:Looking forward to the rest of the album.

Poor John Mayer and his attempt to keep the Dolby Atmos and Stereo versions of his latest album Sob Rock separate on Apple Music. The version that was stereo now has all but one track in Atmos.

The Atmos version is also still there...

so not the original atmos version?

Poor John Mayer and his attempt to keep the Dolby Atmos and Stereo versions of his latest album Sob Rock separate on Apple Music. The version that was stereo now has all but one track in Atmos.

The Atmos version is also still there...

thought he finally got into the atmos world by mixing it together with the engineer.

Back