Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did we need another tread about Atmos music listening? Don't think so, will ignore this one. :confused:
I understand the reluctance, it was purely set up to show other members that there are two sides to listening to Dolby Atmos, one being by a physical disc and the other by streaming.

But if folk don't want it, it's not a problem.

I understand the reluctance, it was purely set up to show other members that there are two sides to listening to Dolby Atmos, one being by a physical disc and the other by streaming.

But if folk don't want it, it's not a problem.
I will post my streaming Apple Atmos/Dolby Audio here. :SG

THERE'S AN ATMOS FOR JOJI?
Now I wish I didn't have a crippling bias against lossy music.

i’ve found with some of this Atmos music streaming the effects of compression can be quite glaring (things like the cymbals on the Allman Brothers’ “Jessica” are among the dead giveaways i’ve heard so far that you’re listening to lossy) but if there’s not a ton going on musically and things aren’t too busy in the mix its usually eminently listenable and i feel definitely worthwhile as another source of Surround music, especially where i’m getting to the stage convenience is almost taking priority over quality, i never thought i’d see the day! 😂

Another artist that I would not have listened to without her music being released in Atmos.

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/red-taylors-version-a-message-from-taylor/1590368448?ls
Actually it's a nice album.
Taylor's pre-Reputation albums are pretty good, and to my tastes. I actually do prefer the original version (non-Atmos. non-Taylor's version), her singing seems tighter on it. Her best album is 1989 though, and I'm waiting for a proper surround release on that one.

Taylor's pre-Reputation albums are pretty good, and to my tastes. I actually do prefer the original version (non-Atmos. non-Taylor's version), her singing seems tighter on it. Her best album is 1989 though, and I'm waiting for a proper surround release on that one.
On your recommendation, I will check out her earlier albums.

Back