Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the sleuthing, and sharing, @fredblue — amazing. Lots of work. Sincerely, thanks.

I wonder if others are also starting to feel spoilt for choice... for a long time I've listened to, and collected, pretty much whatever was available in various forms of surround because although it was a decent chunk of material (and plenty I haven't even gotten to yet), it was ultimately finite and I could at last somewhat keep my head wrapped around it—the artists that were participating, the genres, etc. That led me into some territory I probably wouldn't have gotten to otherwise, and that was always pretty thrilling.

What I'm feeling this morning I've felt to a degree before now but still ultimately ended up adding everything that has been shared here to a "Check It Out - Atmos" playlist in Apple Music... but today was the first time I fully tipped, realizing "wow... this is amazing... but I'll never have time to get to all of this (let alone everything else backed up in my queue), and in the meantime many more titles will be released..."; and that is both cause for rejoicing and also moving me into a new phase of how I consider at least streaming titles in Atmos/surround. The scarcity is going away, just like when any new format finally comes fully on line... and that's now changing my personal rule set for how I engage. There are titles and artists that I'm just kinda passing on... at least for now.

Are others feeling the same?
Yes, I also am feeling overwhelmed. “The scarcity is gone” is a great way to put it. I find myself taking more of a smorgasbord approach, where I’ll play a song or two from each album just to keep up on all that’s out there, and if something really intrigues or surprises me I’ll dim the lights and give it the whole alpha-state committed listening experience. I do miss the days when that precious disc I had hunted down and waited for would arrive in the mail and I would have a week or two to engage in it. Oh well, these are luxury problems…

This starts to reminds me the video offering transformation we have had. When I was a child and we had just two TV public channels we watched a film a week and two series, one episode per week. We watched almost all.
Some decades ago, many TV channels and now the subscription services, it's impossible to watch everything. You have to select the good series that you like, which sometimes is difficult to find.

With just stereo music, the offering is so wide that we do not try to look for and listen to everything, right?. Now the immersive music offering starts to be wide. So it's time to be selective, and enjoy just with the music related to our musical tastes. I agree that life is short.

Thanks for all of the sleuthing, and sharing, @fredblue — amazing. Lots of work. Sincerely, thanks.

I wonder if others are also starting to feel spoilt for choice... for a long time I've listened to, and collected, pretty much whatever was available in various forms of surround because although it was a decent chunk of material (and plenty I haven't even gotten to yet), it was ultimately finite and I could at last somewhat keep my head wrapped around it—the artists that were participating, the genres, etc. That led me into some territory I probably wouldn't have gotten to otherwise, and that was always pretty thrilling.

What I'm feeling this morning I've felt to a degree before now but still ultimately ended up adding everything that has been shared here to a "Check It Out - Atmos" playlist in Apple Music... but today was the first time I fully tipped, realizing "wow... this is amazing... but I'll never have time to get to all of this (let alone everything else backed up in my queue), and in the meantime many more titles will be released..."; and that is both cause for rejoicing and also moving me into a new phase of how I consider at least streaming titles in Atmos/surround. The scarcity is going away, just like when any new format finally comes fully on line... and that's now changing my personal rule set for how I engage. There are titles and artists that I'm just kinda passing on... at least for now.

its a pleasure as always and in the words of the late great Luther Vandross... 🥰

never too much Atmos!

🖐✌️🤩😅🤣😋

silly me, i keep forgetting this is the "look what i just found in Atmos!" thread 😉🤣
Don’t let it happen again! Thanks for posting, its new to me, and it’s also a cool mix. For me there was two disco music genres, the early stuff played by musicians with roots in R&B, and the later stuff, with mechanized rhythm sections and tons of synths. Yuch

You are not alone.
As they say, 'Never look a gift horse in the mouth'....
But...I'm truly overwhelmed with all that Apple 🍎 is currently offering.
There was a time when I was trying to listen to all that there is, maybe I will again in the long winter months?

Now I have a grandson to entertain, time is spent surrounding him with my worldly knowledge!! :D
Which won't take long....

No way am I complaining though, no way Josè. Apple are giving me so much pleasure, long may it continue.

Back