Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A highly recommended album that stands out on multiple aspects.

It features some really good piano playing which is unique for the dance genre.

Vocally it is also adept with carefully layered tunes that doesn’t hold back on upping the textural elements, with no punches pulled on the beats.

A delightfully sequenced mix with liberal usage of the heights, and some playfulness in the treatment of percussive elements. Check out the track below for the nice right rear placement of percussion mid-way through the song:

This track is also a great example of effective usage of the centre speaker:

The album has a great progressive flow between tracks with intro accompaniments that add a great segue into songs.

Also highly recommend the latin influence on this bangin’ number:

In my opinion one of the premier Atmos releases so far, that I would buy if released in physical format in a heartbeat.

It was under Listen now, Made for you and it is created automatically. Was happy to find it, it's all tracks I've played. :cool:
As I only listen in Atmos there were no stereo tracks.
I made a Playlist Folder called Atmos and dragged all my atmos music into there, easier to find when on AM on ATV. Within the Atmos folder I also have a folder called ''various atmos songs'' where I drag those one offs into. Works well.

A highly recommended album that stands out on multiple aspects.

It features some really good piano playing which is unique for the dance genre.

Vocally it is also adept with carefully layered tunes that doesn’t hold back on upping the textural elements, with no punches pulled on the beats.

A delightfully sequenced mix with liberal usage of the heights, and some playfulness in the treatment of percussive elements. Check out the track below for the nice right rear placement of percussion mid-way through the song:

This track is also a great example of effective usage of the centre speaker:

The album has a great progressive flow between tracks with intro accompaniments that add a great segue into songs.

Also highly recommend the latin influence on this bangin’ number:

In my opinion one of the premier Atmos releases so far, that I would buy if released in physical format in a heartbeat.
With the firehose of new releases continuously spewing into this thread, I very much appreciate when folks take the time and trouble to make recommendations and back them with comments & examples.

Thanks!

Right, he did both a stereo and Atmos mix. I saw the stereo was out. That does seem to be an arguable improvement on the previous one from Anthology 2, presumably due to the use of de-mixing technology.
Yawn…….it’s only interesting to hear how much work went into taking the song from this stage to the released record. Lennons raw and wonderful creativity turned into an amazing final product with huge contributions from George Martin, Geoff Emerick and McCartney

I made a Playlist Folder called Atmos and dragged all my atmos music into there, easier to find when on AM on ATV. Within the Atmos folder I also have a folder called ''various atmos songs'' where I drag those one offs into. Works well.
I tried this and the problem I found is that you cant sort or search in a playlist by album or artist,,,,,,,, its just a long list of songs. Got a trick for that?

The Bjork is everything you imagined it would be! The title track is the standout so far mix wise.
SO freaking great! I’ve been a fan for ages and have always at least appreciated Björk even when I was a bit lost in more recent releases, but haven’t been moved in this way by a current offering for a long time. Just sitting here smiling at the immersion of it, the execution, and the brilliance of a mind that can even conceive of music like this let alone realize it. There are many thrilling moments on this in Atmos. Challenging as always, and absolutely worth it. Strap in! 🙌

Attachments

• C4E8D1DB-6BAE-4868-8887-F882DBEBCC46.jpeg
    C4E8D1DB-6BAE-4868-8887-F882DBEBCC46.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any tips on how to manage playlists on Apple Music?
I currently have 2 playlists where I dump all atmos singles and albums, but they are now too long for me to search.

I break things down into arbitrary sub-genres to make the lists manageable on my phone.
Even then some are growing too large.
I appreciate the little album cover icons as I scroll quickly to recognize the title I'm looking for.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.08.24 AM.png

I don't make playlists and I never listen to other peoples playlist, but this is a playlist based on Atmos tracks I've played and made automatically by Apple Music. No duds, just tracks I like updated every Tuesday. :cool:

SO freaking great! I’ve been a fan for ages and have always at least appreciated Björk even when I was a bit lost in more recent releases, but haven’t been moved in this way by a current offering for a long time. Just sitting here smiling at the immersion of it, the execution, and the brilliance of a mind that can even conceive of music like this let alone realize it. There are many thrilling moments on this in Atmos. Challenging as always, and absolutely worth it. Strap in! 🙌
I have been a fan since the very beginning with Human Behavior. A voice from the heavens AND she writes her own music. Nearly every release in surround of some sort, with great mixes, is just the cherry on top!

I have been a fan since the very beginning with Human Behavior. A voice from the heavens AND she writes her own music. Nearly every release in surround of some sort, with great mixes, is just the cherry on top!
In case you haven't heard this yet: it's what Song Exploder wants to be but almost never is. And it's all Bjork! Hit the "subscribe" link at the bottom of the page to find it on your podcast player of choice.
https://www.talkhouse.com/announcing-bjork-sonic-symbolism/

Last edited:
With the firehose of new releases continuously spewing into this thread, I very much appreciate when folks take the time and trouble to make recommendations and back them with comments & examples.

Thanks!
+1, relatively easy to know about new Atmos releases but harder to know which are truly noteworthy

Heba Kadry mixed the Bjork, with Berger Borisson. She's a very talented mastering engineer normally. I know her barely because she mastered the Slim Cessna Auto Club album from 2015 that I was on and I chatted with her on the phone about it then.
She posted some relavant bjork atmos content:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-131235_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-131235_Instagram.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220930-100442_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220930-100442_Instagram.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221001-133914_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-133914_Instagram.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221001-133927_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-133927_Instagram.jpg
    858 KB · Views: 0
Yawn…….it’s only interesting to hear how much work went into taking the song from this stage to the released record. Lennons raw and wonderful creativity turned into an amazing final product with huge contributions from George Martin, Geoff Emerick and McCartney
Can't argue with you there, light years from the heights they were able to take it to.

Back