Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get 7.1.4 on the Yammy with an extra amp? I has to do that on my Denon 3700 to get 7.1.4.
i don't know? i will look into that, thank you! 🤗

edit: looked into it, its hobbled at 7.1 processing and upto 5.1.2 only for Atmos 🙂 i kinda knew this first going into buying it but didn't know 7.1.4 was even viable in my room at the time, let alone that it would give such a superior Atmos rendering to 5.1.2 🤭

Last edited:
Still digesting this after two listens but already one of my favourite hip hop albums this year so far. Atmos mix has its moments after a front-heavy first track - turn up the sub… Recommend Can't Punk Me for the flow and Surround Sound for the mix.

Last edited:
This may have been posted before, but I’m just getting to it now. The group Paul Simon picked as his backing group for Graceland in Atmos.

More than just a backing band--LBM were among the famous South African musicians who not only toured with Simon, but also shared songwriting credits on many of the Graceland tunes. But yeah, it's a nice EP with a great mix. They've got a huge catalogue, though; it'd be nice to see at least a "Greatest Hits" package.

More than just a backing band--LBM were among the famous South African musicians who not only toured with Simon, but also shared songwriting credits on many of the Graceland tunes. But yeah, it's a nice EP with a great mix. They've got a huge catalogue, though; it'd be nice to see at least a "Greatest Hits" package.
there were 3 superb Telarc/Heads Up MultiCh SACDs of LBM, well worth checking out ✌️😄

61481B44-3650-440F-9A5D-6CCF14B6D86B.jpeg

59131D55-63A7-415D-850D-CC3EBB0412C4.jpeg

This may have been posted before, but I’m just getting to it now. The group Paul Simon picked as his backing group for Graceland in Atmos.

it doesn't matter if its been posted a hundred times before, please post again and again or nobody will ever find half this stuff!

for some reason this thread has become the "ooh look what i found streaming in Atmos that wasn't there yesterday!" thread, when it should be about what we're listening to..! 🤷🏻‍♀️

now if Atmos tracks were easier to find on Tidal/Apple Music of course we wouldn't need such a thread.. 😉

For some strange reason my Yamaha rxv 685 had 9 channels of amplification but could only do 2 height channels so I sold it and got an Integra 3.4 for 5.2.4
that is strange and rather silly! 🤦‍♀️

i understand why my Yammy can only do 5.1.2 as it only has 7 channels of amplification and processing for 7 channels only also, so it can handle either Surround Backs or Front Heights but not both at the same time and not 4 x Heights (Front + Back) either.

This entire album is fantastic in terms of performance, sound quality and Atmos mix. A lot of layers and the mix really makes you feel like you sitting in the middle of the band. Near the end of this particular track, each of the band’s 3 drummers alternate drum breaks, one right, one left and one to the rear. Very cool effect.

it doesn't matter if its been posted a hundred times before, please post again and again or nobody will ever find half this stuff!

for some reason this thread has become the "ooh look what i found streaming in Atmos that wasn't there yesterday!" thread, when it should be about what we're listening to..! 🤷🏻‍♀️

now if Atmos tracks were easier to find on Tidal/Apple Music of course we wouldn't need such a thread.. 😉
Absolutely.

I hate those forums where you post something in all innocence and some jobsworth says "This was already posted some time ago".
Like you've got time to search 189 pages of postings to make sure you're not duplicating.

Absolutely.

I hate those forums where you post something in all innocence and some jobsworth says "This was already posted some time ago".
Like you've got time to search 189 pages of postings to make sure you're not duplicating.
i think the situation will improve once we get AtmosphonicAtmos up and running! 👍💪👌

Just stumbled onto this one. (Listening in 5.1). First few minutes don't seem like much is happening in the surround field, but then stings start to open up. Some really nice chill-out music.

Always thought that Cinematic Orchestra would be a great candidate for surround - glad to see this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ick
Back