Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I… think this might be the first game soundtrack in Atmos?

I’ve been meaning to check this out, but it’s such a wild departure from the studio’s previous work (thatgamecompany… yes really that’s their name). Their previous games have been Capital-A Art pieces that just happen to be games… this is some sort of free to play (with *lots* of ways to spend money) multiplayer… thing.

Ninja edit: not the game’s soundtrack, but the soundtrack to an upcoming event: Aurora - That Sky Game
Maybe that game soundtrack that Japanese Breakfast did? (Or...maybe that wasn't Atmos--just sounded good through the DSU.)

It sounds identical to the version on the 1 compilation, which has been on Apple Music in Atmos for some time (although not in particularly good mixes). It seems that sometimes the Atmos version of a song "bleeds over" on Apple from one album to another, without any apparent rhyme or reason, while other songs also shared between the same albums mostly don't.

Not that I wouldn't love to hear the Help! album in Atmos, especially if the mix is better than the corresponding songs on 1.
I can't imagine there will be a atmos mix released for one of the core Beatles canon (like Help!) without a big Deluxe Edition rollout. And at the earliest that would probably be next summer.

This is new. Donald Byrd, Live: Cookin' with Blue Note at Montreux. (Pre-release--but there don't seem to be any preview tracks? Edit: and it shows up as a blank below? I found the item--and copied the link--while browsing the "Spatial Audio" category in the Apple Music app.)
https://music.apple.com/us/album/1651364455
It's "live" now (so to speak)--all tracks.

I don’t remember seeing this before. Apologies if already posted. It’s the only track available in Atmos on this album so far.

Looks like an error, that sounds like the studio version. No audience noise like the surrounding tracks.

Reactions: Ick
Back