Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, that Good Vibrations mix is great. Can’t wait for the whole thing.

Also, if you’ve never seen it; check out the film Love and Mercy. The best music biopic ever made because it’s so untraditional. It focuses JUST on Pet Sounds/SMiLE and the Eugene Landy years. I’ll never not hear the powerfully fierce cello in GV thanks to the extended scene focusing on it.

yup, I really learned a lot about Brian Wilson in that movie and developed an even greater appreciation for him than I already had. John Cusack was outstanding.

628E1640-9993-45C1-AF7C-C3B4E60788FB.jpeg

So glad this one is available to stream, great immersive mix and nice deep bass. Hopefully The Fragile shows up on here sooner or later…

Reflections (1967) with the synthesizer bleeps, who could have guessed we'd ever hear these in surround?
I'm Gonna Make You Love Me (1968) ~ Supremes / Temptations with Eddie Kendricks & Diana trading vocals

Love Hangover (1976) ~ Solo Diana Disco

View attachment 80328

Though the album tag is Lossless, the only non-Atmos track is 11, the original version of You Keep Me Hangin' On, which closes the album in an "Almighty Remix" extended disco version.
For me, both versions of You Keep Me Hangin' On (tracks 8 and 24) are in Atmos. Interestingly, You Can't Hurry Love is not in Atmos on this album.

Not just Supremes, but some solo Diana Ross and even Endless Love with Lionel Richie.
Yeah Upside Down and Stoned Love make their Atmos debuts too. I think this greatest hits collection might have new mixes to the equivalent album releases? Atmos mix is credited to Brad Wood apart from You Cant't Hurry Love (Mills Logan) and You Keep Me Hanging On (Almighty Remix) (Kevin Reeves). Perhaps that means Baby Love has 3 different Dolby Atmos mixes?! :D

Anyone else find the Beach Boys Atmos mixes very rear heavy? They sound nice but I find it hard to distinguish the front soundstage sometimes. The fidelity and the harmonies are clear as day though, beautiful sound considering it’s lossy, I really wouldn’t have minded a physical release.

Not too familiar with the Beach Boys except for the hits, interested to check out the other tracks when they become available.

Yeah Upside Down and Stoned Love make their Atmos debuts too. I think this greatest hits collection might have new mixes to the equivalent album releases? Atmos mix is credited to Brad Wood apart from You Cant't Hurry Love (Mills Logan) and You Keep Me Hanging On (Almighty Remix) (Kevin Reeves). Perhaps that means Baby Love has 3 different Dolby Atmos mixes?! :D

can't wait to hear The Boss in Atmoss!! 💘😅

edit: very pleasantly surprised with the Atmos of this one!! crikey they did great!! there's so much going on all over the room and yet it still has the feel and spirit and the groove of the original!! very impressive!! ❤️😋

Last edited:
Back