Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure this album has been posted before but this is how great Dolby Atmos can sound streaming. I’ve compared it to the physical bluray and I actually prefer the Apple Music version.
https://music.apple.com/au/album/the-tipping-point/1586912660
I won't disagree with that statement, though it may be a volume thing. I found the disc version has to be cranked way up compared to the Apple Music version. But once there, I think the disc is a bit more discrete, though the AM version is really top notch. I found the 5.1 mix on the disc to be way hot. I would have been more than happy with Apple Music's take, but it's very nice to own this album.

I’m sure this album has been posted before but this is how great Dolby Atmos can sound streaming. I’ve compared it to the physical bluray and I actually prefer the Apple Music version.
https://music.apple.com/au/album/the-tipping-point/1586912660

It depends on how you compare, how is your equipment and how the settings are in each playing alternative.

I remember that when I started with my first DVD-A (MLP) albums, I felt disappointed because I heard it weaker, and I preferred the same MP3 albums because they sounded warmer.

A minimal volume change or different player can give you a different audible sensation.

Now, with better equipment and spending time with calibration and settings, I'm learning to appreciate the much cleaner sound (with less bass) that I get with the analogue AVR inputs from the Surround Master V3.

Listening to Bryan Adams-Reckless. Not that I care as i have the 5.1 disc, but wanted to hear the Atmos version.
Signal is Dolby Atmos but only plays 4.0, is that your experience? Summer of 69 is a Atmos all working.
Confirmed. No sound in the center except for Summer of 69. There are sound in the heights. Not sure about the sub signal as I feed mine with L+R front, but it streches all the way down including the sub region. Not a common choice, but sounds OK. If anything the main vocal is a bit too loud. I prefer the 5.1 mix, but have to admit I did some adjustments on that one before I really enjoyed it. It seemed to lack the final touch of a good mastering engineer, like small adjustments in level and eq. Bob Clearmountain is best in co-op with Bob Ludwig IMHO.

Well here’s something weird…

You know those news articles you sometimes see about how Spotify “invents” artists that create tracks just for playlist fodder? Music commissioned by and for Spotify?

My understanding is it’s not spotify specific, but there’s a wide network of artists that upload their tracks everywhere in hopes of snagging official playlist positions.

I found one… doing Atmos.
https://music.apple.com/us/album/flowbeat/1614018794
https://music.apple.com/us/album/growbeat/1628682710
I can find *nothing* about this artist online. The only search results are links to their music on streaming services. No listings in any user driven music databases online… artists a total ghost.
For what it’s worth, it’s some pretty neat chill electronica

New Tidal Atmos today (highlights):

I'm stoked about this one. One of my favourite albums:
Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles ID: 235011474
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane ID: 234959383 (This was previously in RA360)
Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long ID:234959357
Keith Urban - Defying Gravity ID:235011474

RA 360:
Porcupine Tree - CLOSURE / CONTINUATION ID:234629507

New Tidal Atmos today (highlights):

I'm stoked about this one. One of my favourite albums:
Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles ID: 235011474
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane ID: 234959383 (This was previously in RA360)
Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long ID:234959357
Keith Urban - Defying Gravity ID:235011474

RA 360:
Porcupine Tree - CLOSURE / CONTINUATION ID:234629507
Ohhh dang me I see the Sting on Apple also 😎

mainly front focused mix from what I'm hearing 😞

Last edited:
Back