Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

bookofsaturdays

Hopefully more Kiss shows up. Whoever did the mix for Rock and Roll All Nite really knows what they are doing. I’d really like to hear the first 3 albums remixed, particularly Hotter Than Hell, hopefully they can do something about that hideous production :cool:

Dan T

Usually Atmos and 5.1 mixes are mixed from the original multitrack recordings. The mix engineer have full controll over where to place any instrument/vocal/effects and so on. Upmix is a term for using the stereo mix as the source instead. This gives a lot of limitations and usually only makes the mix a little "wider". You wil typically hear reverb and out of phase components in the heights and rear speakers, but no discrete instruments.
Thank you.
I hear quite a lot of tracks that sounds as you’ve described as upmix.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
It's weird; I had added the new Sting and Lightyear soundtrack to my Library from the ATV4K last night but they never showed up in my library even though when looking at them on the computer for their playing spots would say they were in my library. So once I found them again on the main Spatial Audio page (WIn. computer), opened them to play and deleted from my library and then re-instated to the library, then they finally showed up. :unsure: