Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Last edited:
Californian Dreaming would have to be the strangest Atmos mix of all time, 90% of the song is from the rears, only 1 male voice is from the right front. Put your ear to the speaker and the voice is all you hear.

yeah it just doesn't work for me at all, at best its a bright sounding mess and i think they maybe mucked the channels up? Mama Cass is all down the Left Hand side of the room for some reason?? 🤔

16567676182854646595876767984336.jpg

Still got my little lights on... :)

Bob getting me all reggie .....no not Perrin :D

yeah it just doesn't work for me at all, at best its a bright sounding mess and i think they maybe mucked the channels up? Mama Cass is all down the Left Hand side of the room for some reason?? 🤔
It’s possible. I think I hear one set of backing vocals on the left, and another on the right. I wonder if this was originally recorded on a four track machine, and this was the best they could do with Atmos?

I know that they’re able to extrapolate different instruments from a single track via software these days, but it seems like extrapolating harmony vocals that were recorded on one track might be able much more difficult task.

Edit: sure enough, engineer Bones Howe saythis was the track layout:

“The actual track layout for this song was track 1, female vocals; track 2, guitars and piano; track 3, male vocals; and track 4, bass and drums.”

More here:

Classic Tracks: The Mamas & The Papas' "California Dreamin'"

Last edited:
Back