Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replacements 1987, played this one a lot 35 years ago, saw them live at the local indie rock bar.

Pleased To Meet Me by The Replacements

View attachment 75397
wow! great find! 🥳👍
Warners are going for it more lately with Atmos! i wonder who mixed it?
Glad to see this come to Apple at last, even if it's not a noteworthy mix. (It appeared on Tidal just a day after the deluxe box set was released--sans Atmos mix--in October 2020, IIRC. Maybe the mixer credits can be found on Tidal?)
Does anyone have more info on this? Is it a real surround mix? One of my very favorite albums form the 80s. Another potential really exciting one.

I am at work with my two shitty little speakers listening to Tidal, very impressed with there playlist called "Finest Fusion". Check it out, super good music, stereo only unless you can dig up some tracks that are in Atmos somewhere else?
Sorry non Atmos post.

Really? Have you heard it and is it amazing?
Yep, it’s not “new” per se.

It’s been awhile since I’ve listened to the Atmos mix, but I recall it being fine for what it is. That’s not meant as a criticism of the album (which I like), but rather IMO there is only so much which can be done with a recording/music of this nature.

If you’re expecting Dark Side Of The Moon, you’ll be disappointed. If you’re expecting something more like, say, some of the Tattoo You atmos mixes, you probably won’t be disappointed.

These don't seem to be available in Atmos on Tidal. Can anyone else see them on Tidal?

I do see this Christmas album on Tidal.

https://tidal.com/album/200898971

"This is Acting" is not on Tidal in Atmos. I recommend using this program to search out Atmos releases if you are searching from a PC since Tidal gives no indication something is available in Atmos via web player search. This version of the program (Tidal-dl) does not support downloading in Atmos, but you can you see the "A" flag indicating its available in Atmos. Releases · yaronzz/Tidal-Media-Downloader-PRO

"This is Acting" is not on Tidal in Atmos. I recommend using this program to search out Atmos releases if you are searching from a PC since Tidal gives no indication something is available in Atmos via web player search. This version of the program (Tidal-dl) does not support downloading in Atmos, but you can you see the "A" flag indicating its available in Atmos. Releases · yaronzz/Tidal-Media-Downloader-PRO

I can't get the non-Christmas Sia titles on Apple either -in Oz. (It seems she is not releasing to the natives).

Back